QAonCloud's cross-browser testing solutions enable your application to work across browsers seamlessly.
Your website’s compatibility with different browsers is highly essential as the end-users might access your application in various browsers. But, the lack of specific features in certain browsers might result in a wrong interpretation of the website information. It fails the application accessibility in some browsers. For example, an application might open properly in Firefox, and the same application might show some broken links in Safari. In such situations, there is a chance that Safari users might think that the website is not working correctly. So, we need to ensure that the application works as expected in all browsers.
At QAonCloud, we conduct browser compatibility testing of your website across various browsers like Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. We use both manual and automated tools to perform the testing and ensure your web applications work flawlessly across all the popular browsers.
Manual Multi-Browser Testing
Our business team will identify the list of browsers to check the compatibility of your web application. The QA team then designs the manual test cases and executes them across multiple browsers on a priority basis. Our team has experience in managing multiple browsers and versions efficiently.
Automated Multi-Browser Testing
The best solution for the execution of repeated tests is Automation. This is a more time saving and cost-effective solution. A feasible automated tool is identified and the test cases are automated effectively. These test cases are then executed across various browsers to check the application behavior.
- "Blockchain Technology is the next revolution in the digital sphere. A blockchain is a shared distributed database or ledger between computer network nodes, and it serves as an electronic database for storing data in digital form. The novelty of a blockchain is that it fosters confidence without the necessity for reliable third data. Blockchain testing assists to deliver a high-quality product and meeting specific requirements. In a blockchain, data is gathered in groups called blocks that include data sets. Blocks have specific storage capabilities; filling of which, seals and connects it to the block to create the data chain. When decentralized, this creates an irreversible chronology of data by design. On the completion of input of a block, it is added to the timeline, and receives an accurate time stamp. Use Cases of Blockchain Tech Across Various Industries Decentralized security and trust are made possible by technology in several ways. This has led to several industries introducing this modern technology into their processes and operations. Here are some use cases across various industries. Banking and Finance Banking is one sector that could stand to gain the most from incorporating blockchain into its corporate processes. Through this technology, users can make transactions and deposits at any time. Customers can make transactions using blockchain in as little as 10 minutes. Banks can now safely and swiftly transfer money across organizations. Healthcare Healthcare providers may use blockchain to safely preserve their patients' medical records. The ability to write a medical record onto the blockchain once we create and sign, assures patients that the alteration of records is not possible. These sensitive encrypted health records contain a secret key so that only authorized people can access them, maintaining their privacy. Real Estate We can use Blockchain technology for maintaining and signing property records which can be highly challenging for buyers and sellers today. Blockchain stores property records accurately and permanently in blocks with transparency and a clear description of timelines and ownership. Owing to its framework and operational policies requiring authentication/validation at every stage, it also reduces the possibility of fraudulent transactions. Supply Chains Businesses and consumers expect brands to ensure the authenticity of their products, while supply chain actors want improved visibility and responsible sourcing to reduce conflicts. Blockchain-based supply chain solutions assist executives in using data to manage current disruptions and fortify resilience for the future. One-up/one-down visibility can be a constraint for supply chain networks. Smart contracts operate on the Blockchain supply chain solutions, which allows business owners to track and maintain operations and ensure visibility in real-time. Voting Blockchain facilitates a contemporary voting system. As demonstrated in the West Virginia midterm elections in November 2018, voting using the technology can end election fraud and increase voter turnout. Tampering with votes would be next to impossible. Blockchain technology will also uphold electoral openness while lowering the number of people required to carry out an election and giving officials access to results almost immediately. As a result, there would be no need for recounts and no legitimate reason to be concerned that election fraud would occur. Blockchain is also ideal for preventing fake votes and fraudulent voter registration. Testing Blockchain Applications Testing a blockchain is essential to ensure that any errors in all ledgers are removed. This eventually shields a company from the drawbacks of a poorly functioning app. Implementing testing enables verification of the many parties the blockchain system depends on for operation and verification that the built ecosystem is operating as intended. Testing will help lower the risk of introducing error-free new apps and ensure a seamless installation. Testing assures the delivery of high-quality goods and improves consumer experiences. It is crucial in the case of public blockchain as real money is at stake. A single error in smart contracts might result in significant financial losses. In a nutshell, testing blockchain apps involves inspection of every aspect of the chain from the ground up. This includes the chain itself and all the associated ledgers. Challenges of Testing Next-Gen Blockchain Apps & Ways to Overcome Blockchain testing is irreplaceable and lacks technical, functional, and legal competence. It encounters many problems due to developers' weak conceptualisation, standardization, and abstraction skills. Blockchain end-to-end testing necessitates a heterogeneous tool set for testing applications, without which the testing can be inadequate. Additionally, evaluating blockchain may be costly and time-consuming. Currently, very limited advanced tools or strategies are available for testing. Because there are so many different frameworks like Ethereum, Hyperledger, etc., it might be challenging to test them all. Failure to do performance and load testing provides little to no insight into how the Blockchain application operates in real-world settings and under specific workloads and network circumstances More effort should be applied on teaching and training QA specialists about blockchain testing to get the most significant outcomes. Testing teams must improvise on testing methods and strategies to meet the requirements for the testing. Performance and load testing can help testers understand the capacity of the app under peak conditions. This helps in improving the performance of the app. Ensuring the blockchain is free of errors also helps enhance user experience and platform reliability. An experienced team with an aggregate knowledge of this technology can guarantee a thorough testing process across industries. Experienced QA Testing Teams for Enhanced Blockchain Testing Although blockchain technology is new to the digital sphere, an experienced testing team like QAonCloud can drastically enhance the quality of products through software testing and accuracy with their robust knowledge and subject matter expertise on the advanced technology. Additionally, QAonCloud testing teams can perform high-quality testing with suitable testing tools. Our testing solutions can be highly beneficial in rendering a secure and fail-proof technology for businesses across industries."
- "A seamless gaming experience is essential to stay competitive in the gaming industry. Bugs and glitches in a game build can not only become a hurdle to achieve superior game functionality and controls of the game but also lead to serious issues and data compromise. Game testing especially for new age games with advanced technology require more sophisticated testing to enable a smooth gaming experience. What is Game Testing? Game testing is the process of identifying bugs and issues in a video game. It helps ensure the game is fun and playable for everyone. The only disadvantage is that it can be time-consuming and expensive. However, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages, hence game testing should not be overlooked. Game Testing Techniques There are many types of testing techniques we can implement while we try to improve game functionality game testing, some of which are as below: Functional Testing Functional testing is when a game is tested to see if it works as intended. The advantage of functional testing is that it can identify any issues with the game's mechanics and gameplay. For example ,a functional test might check if the sports racing game's collision detection is working correctly. Compatibility Testing Compatibility testing ensures that that game can function in different devices and operating systems. For example, a compatibility test might check if a game can be played on an iPhone and an Android phone. Performance Testing Performance testing is essential to guarantee that the game can run on a low-end computer without any issues including testing load conditions and speed. Usability Testing Usability testing is when a game is tested for its ease of use and if the game is easy to navigate. Compliance Testing Localization testing is a process where QA testers ensure that the localized and translated releases of the game are consistent, clear and free of errors and mistakes. They also ensure that the game’s translation is consistent to the original version. Localization testing ensures that gamers experience similarity in tone and feel with other players globally and game versions in other languages. Soak Testing Soak testing, as it applies to video games, entails running the game for extended periods of time in a variety of modes, such as idle, paused, and at the title screen. This type of tests are one of the compliance requirements. This testing does not require any user interaction beyond initial setup and the load testers will handle the load tests. Testers may use automated tools to simulate repetitive user activities like mouse clicks, scrolling etc., Performing soak testing may reveal memory leaks or rounding errors that only arise over time which can help in achieving superior game functionality. Regression Testing Regression testing is done after the developers have fixed a bug or when a new functionality has been developed. Testers perform regression tests to see whether the problem has remained (regression) and then run similar tests to verify that the solution did not break anything else. Halo testing involves testing around a bug for further bugs. Load Testing Load testing simulates a system's capacity to cope with strain, such as the maximum number of players on an MMO server, the number of sprites visible on-screen, or the number of threads executing in a given program. The capability of an application to function correctly under pressure is also determined by load testing. Multiplayer Testing As the name suggests, Multiplayer testing is when we test the game's multiplayer functionality. Usually, developers or a small group test the game. The advantage of multiplayer testing is that it can identify issues with the game's multiplayer mode. Benefits Of Game Testing Partnership Getting a fully managed QA testing partner for game testing has several benefits: Access to expert testers When you have a dedicated QA partner, you have access to a team of expert testers who are gaming domain experts. This can be beneficial as they provide insights and guidance on improving the game. Flexibility Fully managed QA allows for more flexibility as you can choose the type of tests, tools and the testing process that can fully integrate with your internal processes. This can be beneficial if you only require to test certain aspects of the game. Increased efficiency By on-boarding a QA partner, you can focus on other aspects of game development, such as design and coding. This can lead to increased efficiency and a better overall product. Improved quality You can ensure that experts will carry out the testing process and this can lead to achieve superior game functionality and overall quality of the game Faster turnaround time Q A partnership can lead to a faster turnaround time as the testers can carry out the testing process in parallel with other aspects of game development. Conclusion Game testing is a vital part of the game development process. It helps ensure that the game is playable and does not crash—QA tests for bugs and issues with the game's performance, stability, and compatibility. In addition, QA may also test for localization issues and soak test the game. On-boarding a dedicated QA partner for game testing has several benefits, such as saving time and money for the development team, ensuring that experienced people test the game, and helping speed up the process of releasing a game. QAonCloud is a one-stop solution for all game testing needs. We have a team of experienced testers who can test games for bugs, compatibility, performance, and stability. In addition, we can also test for localization issues and soak test the game."
- "The competition in the mobile game industry has significantly increased over the years. In 2018, there were only 1.7 billion downloads. This number shot up to a whopping 11.5 billion downloads in 2021 from Google Playstore alone. This indicates that a mobile game must appeal to the user and stand out in the competition among the million other mobile gaming apps. When billions of users log onto a single app, the app must show high performance and speed with the high loads. A single bug in the mobile gaming apps could lead to a massive crash on a global level, leading to a severe hit to the company’s reputation. Such incidents can be fatal to a newcomer in the industry, especially for gaming startups. Previously, game testing was limited to only manual testing to evaluate game stability and performance. With recent advancements, automation testing has created a new horizon for testing teams to create apps with higher performance and flawless interface, product developers. Automated testing facilitates a cost-effective and time-saving QA process compared to manual testing. This article brings insights into how automation testing for mobile gaming apps is a game changer. Perks of Automation Testing Requires less time and effort on QA. Automation scripts can be run on large codes faster than manual testing which results in timely delivery of clients' products. Automated testing is far more efficiently than manual testing in finding game errors. For instance. automation scripts running on large data units can identify more errors and bugs that sometimes could be neglected due to human errors. An automated tool can run the tests 24 x 7 without any human intervention. This reduces the burden on testing teams who can now focus on other core activities or manual testing requirements. Test automation reduces the possibility of errors due to human intervention and negligence. Test reports created after running test suites or scripts may be used to quickly assess the evaluation of executed test results. Automated tests enable testing across several platforms concurrently, accelerating test execution and significantly enhancing the value of game testing. Reduces corporate expenses and aids in optimised workforce utilisation for core duties associated with game production. Increases test coverage for complicated and complex cases by using automated testing. Strategies used for Automation Game Testing QA Experts can design test strategies based on the requirements at hand. Some popularly used automated game testing tools are Unity, Unreal Engine, Appium, Selenium, and LumberYard and LY Test. These tools are used for both video game testing and web app game testing. Irrespective of the tools used, test automation for mobile gaming apps involves these common strategies. Hand-written Scripts Using a programming language (Java, C#, or Python), competent test engineers build, maintain, and run test scripts to create and implement testing frameworks from scratch. The key benefit of this strategy is that the engineers are free to create a well-organized framework using scripts that aid in giving the game full QA coverage. Record-Playback This method is less prone to errors because it executes without writing handwritten code, but its usefulness is often more constrained. This method enables easy recording and playback of tests against various OS versions and device setups. Some Challenges with Automation Testing for Mobile Gaming Apps Despite having several advantages, test automation has some challenges in evaluating mobile gaming apps. Read further to know the challenges to ways to tackle them. The fact that games are inherently unpredictable and might have an endless number of gaming scenarios and permutations presents automation engineers with their toughest hurdle when automating game test scripts. As a result, one cannot simply depend on the framework. Lack of qualified personnel with experience in creating and implementing proper frameworks. The game's performance may change depending on the hardware and software configuration. Only testing on actual mobile devices makes the game reliable. Emulators and simulators cannot be used to anticipate the degree of accuracy in game code. For certain web-based games, locator techniques such as "Xpath," "id," "class name," etc. cannot always be evaluated using automation testing. The fast-paced user interface (UI) and responsiveness of games make it often challenging to synchronise gameplay with test scripts. Automating software and data complications, including audio, cinematic effects, massive data, and localisation, is complicated. Scenarios involving the control of a device's rotation or movement mechanism are challenging to automate without extra resources. Automating the game-play mode of AR/VR-related games, graphical user interface (UI) (graphics that blink or change position), and arbitrary animation that appears in-game is challenging. Tackle Automation Hurdles Skillful QA Experts The only way to successfully automate a gaming product is if the scope is planned from the beginning. Businesses require qualified teams enrolled for the task with industry knowledge and subject matter expertise. QA Experts must also be aware of their duties and responsibilities, followed by the skills to employ a standardised testing method with the correct selection of tools for successful project execution and delivery. QAonCloud specialises in automation game testing for mobile games with expertise in various other testing areas in the gaming industry. Our QA teams deploy tailor-made test strategies to enhance performance testing for your mobile game with efficient tools and methods. Reach out to us for more details."
- "The gaming industry is one of the largest and most popular forms of entertainment. It constantly evolves and changes with new technologies, genres, and platforms. Over the past few years, there has been a massive increase in the popularity of VR game (virtual reality games). Virtual reality games are the ones that will let players experience immersive gaming experiences through VR headsets and controllers.In the past, most games were played on a 2D screen, limiting the immersion and connection that players could feel with the game. VR games provide a much more immersive experience, leading to a more intense and enjoyable gaming experience.Game testers had to manually play the game repeatedly, looking for bugs and errors. This was a very time-consuming and tedious process. However, with the introduction of VR games, testers can now test the game in a virtual environment. This allows them to quickly identify any issues and report them to the developers. At the same time, due to the complex gaming hardware, VR game Testing may possess some challenges that the testers have never faced while testing PC or mobile game. Different Types of VR Games There are many different types of VR games. Some are first-person shooters, while others are puzzle games or experiences. A growing number of multiplayer VR games allow players to compete against each other in real-time. First-person shooters are some of the most popular VR games. They provide an immersive experience that allows players to feel like they are in the game. There are a lot of VR games available today, such as Half Life, Hitman3, Stride, Microsoft Flight Simulartor, beat saber, Resident evil , Project cars 2 etc., Apart from the above-mentioned games, many popular shooter franchises, such as Call of Duty and Halo, have released VR versions of their games. Each of these games is unique in its own way and offers very excellent graphics and features. Puzzle games are another popular type of VR game. These often require players to use their hands to solve puzzles or interact with the environment. A well-known example is the hit game Job Simulator. Experiences are becoming more popular as people look for VR games that are not as intense or competitive: Fully Immersive Fully immersive VR games allow players to be wholly immersed in the game world. This means they can forget the outside world and focus entirely on the game. These VR games are usually very intense and can be quite physically demanding. Non-Immersive Non-immersive VR games, on the other hand, do not provide this level of immersion. Players are still aware of the outside world and can see their own bodies. These types of VR games tend to be less intense and more relaxing. Semi-Immersive Semi-immersive VR games allow players to be partially immersed in the game world. This means that they are still aware of the outside world but can focus more on the game than they would be able to in a non-immersive VR game. Augmented Reality Augmented reality (AR) is a VR game that combines the real world with the game world. This can be done by overlaying computer-generated images on top of the real world or by providing information about the game world that is not visible to the naked eye. Collaborative VR Collaborative VR games are those that allow two or more players to interact with each other in the same virtual environment. This can be done either in person or online. These VR games can be very social and provide a unique gaming experience. VR Game Testing vs. PC/Mobile Game Testing The main difference between VR and PC or mobile game testing is the level of immersion. VR game testing requires testers to fully immerse in the game world, while PC or mobile game testing does not. Testers need to use specialized equipment, such as headsets, controllers, and sensors. Additionally, it can be more time-consuming than on PC or mobile. Complexities of VR Game Testing Several complexities need to be considered when testing VR. These challenges include:1. Need for specialised equipmentVR game testing requires specialized equipment, such as headsets, controllers, and sensors. This equipment can be expensive and difficult to obtain.2. Need for skilled testersVR game testing requires testers to have a strong understanding of how VR games work, and this can be difficult to achieve.3. Need for TimeThis testing can be time-consuming. Testers must spend significant time playing the game and looking for bugs or glitches.4. Risk of motion sickness:VR games can cause players to feel nauseous or dizzy. Testers need to be aware of this and take precautions to avoid it.5. Challenge of automated testingAutomated testing can be challenging to achieve with VR games. This is because VR games are complex and often have many different moving parts. Benefits of End-to-end Testing of VR Games Despite the challenges, there are also several benefits to VR game testing. These benefits include:1. The ability to catch bugs and glitchesIt can help developers catch bugs and glitches that they may not have been able to find otherwise.2. The ability to make improvements to the gameIt can help developers understand how players interact, which can then be used to improve the game.3. The ability to save time and moneyVR game testing can help developers save time and money by identifying issues early in development.4. The ability to improve player experienceIt can help developers improve the player experience by identifying issues in graphics, sound, and gameplay.5. The ability to experiment with various aspects of the gameVR game testing can help developers test various aspects of the game, including the graphics, gameplay, and audio. Types of VR Game Testing Tools Test Environment A test environment is a simulation of the game environment that allows for testing without disrupting the live game environment. Test environments can be used to test game mechanics, gameplay, and other aspects of the game. Simulators Simulators helps in creating a realistic VR experience for testing purposes that tests the game mechanics, gameplay, and other aspects. Emulators Emulators simulate the hardware and software of a particular gaming platform and they can help in testing the game mechanics, gameplay, and other aspects of the game. Debuggers These are the tools that helps in finding errors in software code. Debuggers can test game mechanics, gameplay, and other aspects of the game. Profilers These tools help in analyzing the performance of software code. Profilers can test game mechanics, gameplay, and other aspects of the game. Static Code Analysis Tools Static code analysis tools are used to examine software code without executing it. These tools can test game mechanics, gameplay, and other aspects of the game. Final words VR game testing is a process that is used to test VR games. VR game testing is crucial because it helps developers catch bugs and glitches, improve the game, and save time and money.QAonCloud is a cloud-based testing platform that helps developers catch bugs and glitches, improve the game, and save time and money. Many challenges come with VR game testing, but QAonCloud can help developers overcome these challenges."
- "The industry's competition is getting more intense. Game developers for RPG, indie, and VR games would find it vital to do QA testing using improved methodologies to enhance the gaming experience and increase its success. QA testing before market release can help make pertinent revisions. QA for new gaming trends is essential at every stage to find issues and offer players a responsive action with high speed and performance. Emerging Trends in Gaming Industry The ever-changing landscape of the gaming industry offers new challenges for game developers. Some of the latest trends in gaming include: Virtual Reality (VR) Virtual reality (VR) is a computer-generated environment that simulates a physical presence in a real or imaginary place. VR games provide an immersive experience for entertainment, education, or training purposes. The QA needs for VR games differ from traditional games, as we must test VR games for compatibility with various VR hardware and software platforms and also for usability, functionality, and performance. AR/MR Games AR/MR stands for augmented reality/mixed reality. These games are similar to VR games because they provide an immersive experience. However, AR/MR games use real-world environments and objects as part of the game. The QA needs for AR/MR games are similar to those of VR games. Gaming startups should test their AR/MR games for compatibility with various hardware and software platforms. In addition, we have to check for the usability, functionality, and performance of AR/MR games. Cloud Gaming Cloud gaming or “gaming-as-a-service” or game streaming are a form of online gaming that streams video games on remote servers and runs them directly on the user’s device. These gaming services provide users with the accessibility to an extensive library of games we can play from any location with an internet connection. The QA needs for cloud gaming are similar to those of traditional gaming. Cloud gaming must be tested for compatibility with various hardware and software platforms. In addition, cloud gaming must be tested for usability, functionality, and performance. Mobile Gaming Mobile gaming is one of the most popular trends of the gaming industry. These are the games we can play on smartphones or tablet computers, and mobile games are often smaller and more casual than console or PC games. The QA needs for mobile gaming are similar to those of traditional gaming. Mobile games must be tested for compatibility with various hardware and software platforms. In addition, mobile games must be tested for usability, functionality, and performance. Metaverse Gaming Metaverse gaming technology embraces VR technology, where users can use their avatars to play games in the virtual space. Although metaverse is in its early stages, it can be considered the next generation of gaming technology. QA is essential for Metaverse gaming as the user interface is pivotal to a satisfactory gaming experience. Along with usability, functionality, and performance testing, it is recommended that compatibility testing and API testing be implemented for metaverse applications to ensure seamless integration and a smooth interface on all platforms. Role of QA in the future trends of gaming industry Game QA testing aims to evaluate, pinpoint, record, and fix any software flaws that can negatively impact the gaming experience. Several gaming platforms require different testing strategies to ensure a smooth gaming experience and set benchmarks in the gaming market. When proceeding with QA for gaming technology, there are several QA testing that comes into play: Functional Testing Functional testing is evaluating a game to determine whether it functions as intended. This sort of testing is usually done by developers or a small team of individuals. The advantage of functional testing is that it identifies any problems with the game's mechanics and gameplay. Automation Testing Automation testing is using a software tool to execute repetitive tasks automatically. This type of testing help in testing game mechanics, gameplay, and other aspects of the game. Automation testing is generally used to supplement manual testing efforts. Security Testing Security testing is assessing a game to identify any vulnerabilities attackers could exploit. This testing is essential for any online or multiplayer game and any game that uses sensitive data. API Testing API testing assesses an application programming interface (API) to determine if it meets functionality, reliability, and security expectations. This type of testing is often used in conjunction with other types, such as functional or regression testing. Agile Testing Agile testing involves carrying out tests in short, iterative cycles. It is often used in conjunction with the agile development methodology. The advantage of agile testing is that it allows for faster feedback and easier identification of bugs. Compatibility Testing Compatibility Testing helps to improve and prepare the user interface for different sizes of devices, such as PCs and smartphones. While performing Compatibility testing, testers will also test the game's compatibility with the gaming environment. Providing a satisfying gaming experience, prompt identification and repair of graphics, software, or hardware keeps the user satisfied and prevents user churn. Regression Testing Retesting of the feature's functionality is what the regression testing is all about. It determines the possibility or presence of flaws or mistakes following the game's new updates or releases. This testing strategy ensures that the game’s quality and functionality are stable or progressive with every release. Conclusion The gaming industry is constantly evolving, and new trends are always emerging. As a result, the QA needs for games are constantly changing. QAonCloud helps you keep up with the latest trends in gaming industry and provide the tools you need to ensure that your games are of the highest quality. QAonCloud is the perfect solution for game developers who want to stay ahead of the curve."