Want to discuss your requirements today with a quality expert?
Whatever are your testing needs, QAonCloud will take care of that for you
Our services are designed to address all your testing needs so you can concentrate on building your app and we will make sure it is well tested.
Our experienced quality assurance professionals have a deep domain knowledge and hands-on expertise to find a feasible testing solution for your business challenges.
Whatever platform your apps are built on, our team of specialists ensure your customers gets the best experience of your applications.
Our specially assembled team for you at QAonCloud strives for your success. Dedicated teams, Continuous testing, Constant Feedback, Sign-off on releases and Experienced testers makes you feel it’s your team.
We Love To Help Craft Quality Software
Do you know how your QA strategy measures up against the industry standards?
Want to learn more about QAonCloud’s process in helping create high quality software? Learn more about our process, engagement model and what kind of deliverables you would get once you start working with us.
Fully Managed Testing
We are your testing team
Jointly Managed Testing
We extend your testing team
One Time Engagement
We do one time testing of your app
"QAonCIoud has helped us bring a higher level of quality to our web properties. Their team is highly capable and skilled, and bring a level of proficiency to the table that allows them to be immediately productive"
Sr. Product Manager for Web Technologies, AlienVault
"QAonCIoud have constantly impressed us with quick turnarounds and detailed reports on testing. In addition, they have accommodated our requests for quick tests and sanity tests within a few hours."
Program Manager, Indihood.
"QAonCloud is a great addition to our team, helping us out with testing and maintaining the quality of our product. They are very flexible and easily adapted to our processes and tools. They are very rigorous during the testing process, pay attention to detail, and always ask questions to our development team if something is unclear."
Chief Technology Officer, Prompto
- "For many organizations and their customers, software applications are mission-critical. It is imperative to closely watch their performance in order to earn consumer trust and achieve ROIs, which are incidentally dependent upon the longevity and maintenance of the applications. A company must possess an adequate-sized IT infrastructure to provide the high-quality service required by its customers along with the QoS or Quality of Service expected by them. While testing the performance of the product itself is imperative, it is also essential to benchmark it against specific and set values, to see if it is functioning at its optimal. The need for performance testing benchmarks A dissatisfied customer is bound to move over to competition if you, as a company, do not meet their expectations. The customer’s baseline outlook is pretty simple - a fully functional software application that can be invoked at any time. Performance testing, by itself, is quite complex and requires meticulous planning. It also comes with its own set of challenges, including the application’s performance in a downgraded environment. It is highly imperative to incorporate it in the application development lifecycle. Here are some expert views from QAonCloud about the reasons why performance benchmark testing is principal. Researchers believe that mobile application errors are more than those that are just reported. Most of the time, there are network issues and server congestions to deal with. Unreliable mobile networks impede the smooth working of the app. There are downloading issues, broken images, checkout errors, failed uploads and freezing. A large group of frustrated customers fall into this segment. This, in turn, leads to a loss of revenue. Over 47% of the respondents tend to exit the application if they have a broken image. Then there are issues pertaining to the speed of connections, which tend to differ from region to region. Testing apps country or region-wise can alleviate all speed and connectivity issues. Various speeds are taken into account across disparate networks to check whether the application can be used conveniently. In developed nations, the app might function at an optimal level but in the developing world, it might be slow. It is, therefore, imperative to run performance tests to stay in harmony with the region’s capabilities. A widening user base may also impact the performance of the app. For instance, in an initial environment of 1000 users, the app may work well. But with an increase in the user base, it could end up behaving randomly. Performance testing for scalability, speed, and stability, should be carried out at a juncture where high demand is expected. Various tools and processes are involved in testing to determine whether the app is functioning according to a particular yardstick. This can be accomplished only when performance benchmark testing is planned. The importance of planning Performance testing has become one of the most important parts of a software testing process, especially because clients are expecting more than just digital experiences. This is leading testers to adopt a multi-layered approach that goes beyond regular load testing schedules. To get the best outcomes the testing strategy should be able to mirror the real-life environment. Users view information on a particular screen before switching over to the next – this time frame is called think time. Therefore, the time appearing between two consecutive requests must be fixed while creating test scripts. Component-wise this is the best way to test a system as it eliminates risks that can suddenly crop up during the process. But before planning, it is imperative to know the benchmarks against which the application will be tested. What is benchmark testing? Simply put, a benchmark is a metric or a point of reference against which a software product or application is compared. A repeatable set of standards determine the quality of the product. The results are typically quantifiable. Benchmarks can also be used to assess the current and future releases of an application. One component for benchmarking is always constant – it must be repeatable. Then how imperative is benchmark testing in performance testing? To know if your application is performing better than the industry average, you must understand the importance of benchmark testing. Skilled and proficient testers use the technique in several ways where the characteristics of performance are primarily tested. Performance benchmark testing, under varied conditions, monitors the response time of the database manager. The consistent availability of the app can thus be determined, keeping in mind the response time for concurrent users. Data loading with various methods along with the utility performance of the system can also be evaluated. After the release of an application, the impact, characteristics and behavior, are monitored. Benchmark testing is generally done from the SLA perspective. Phases in benchmark testing Agile processes for testing are currently in vogue. But QAonCloud follows industry best practices along with modified, proven processes to achieve the success that our clients wish to. We follow the standard phases of testing and add hybrid elements to ensure that the application is fully tested for bugs making go-to-market extremely easy. Nevertheless, here are the fundamental phases of benchmark testing. Planning As mentioned before, planning is pivotal in benchmark testing, because this is where standards are defined and identified for the testing process. The critical components of the system are recognized, and the benchmark criteria are assessed. Analysis The goals and objectives for the testing process are set besides identifying the root cause of the error. Product quality is improved with this analysis. Integration Functional goals and non-functional requirements are established, and outcomes shared with the internal stakeholders for approval. Action The action phase is continuous, where it is ensured that all processes and standards have been taken into consideration before the actual implementation. Previous successes may also be evaluated to smoothly implement the current scenario by eliminating past bugs and errors. Implemented actions are periodically reviewed, and mechanisms developed so that the application performs at its optimal. QAonCloud is a full-service benchmark testing company that ensures that your applications are always performing better than the industry average. Reach out to us for all your testing concerns."
- "Shift left testing is an advanced software testing approach. Through this approach, testers draft test cases as per the clients' requirements at the inception of the software development. The team focuses on preventing defects rather than the detection of defects. It aims to enhance the overall quality of the software. In traditional testing, testing happens at a later stage of the development cycle; however, testing when conducted at the early stages, avoids a significant number of different issues while testing. This new approach of testing creates a better development path, and the amount of defects in final product is less. This approach offers better user acceptance testing, real-time load, and performance testing.The introduction of shifting left has enhanced the overall quality of the software developed, thereby emphasizing the prevention of defects at an early stage rather than detecting defects at a later stage. It also helps in the prevention of different issues, promotes insertion of quality assurance exactly from the crucial phase of development, and moves down to the subsequent phases.Motivation towards Shift Left TestingEvery global business has adopted advanced technology due to aggressive competition and is constantly trying hard to increase revenue, reduce cost, weighting margins, and speeding up time in the market. Therefore, businesses depend on testing for a green signal to operate on a bug-free and hitch-free software or application. Every Organization Focuses On Some Key Questions How can we rectify the defects halfway through any software application development? How to make sure the software application development progresses smoothly?And how do we speed up the development process to save cost?The common disruptive problems that occur while delivering software solutions are technological, cost and time. The testing process begins when the development reaches the coding phase. This implies that the software developed is of high quality.Significant Problems In TestingIncurring higher costs of the software development processDelay in the delivery of the developed softwareWrong testing proceduresDeveloped software fails to meet quality and standardsWhat happens if we detect the defects early? Would it avoid unnecessary trouble? It is where Shift left testing plays a significant role. Implementing testing at the beginning of the development cycle lowers cost, reduces risks, on-time delivery, well-timed rectification, and so on. It lowers the defect rate and ensures no defects are present now or ever.When the testing process starts early in the SDLC, the quality of the developed software increases. We can detect the flaws early, Implement static testing procedures, boosting system tests, and finally can assure that the code quality is the best.Benefits of shift-left testing Within the testing team, one individual's primary responsibility is to analyze and suggest advanced technologies that enhance and empower the team to follow the shift-left testing process continuously. It encourages the testing process to happen parallel to the application development or before the development activities. Testing early ensures cost-effectiveness in development and quality assurance while saving time and resources right from day one of the project. The shift-left testing model enhances better teamwork between developers as well as testers and minimizes the frictional differences between teams.Here are the benefits of adopting testing in the earlier stages of SDLC:Lower cost of bug detection. Improvement in the overall efficiency of the software development process.Since the Quality Analysis process does not take time, it takes less time. The workplace of the development team increases which brings a competitive advantage.Key points about Shift Left Testing:Every tester in the team is involved in all stages of the software application development process. It enables the testers to focus on defect prevention procedures and achieve the business goals of the assigned program.This methodology demands perfection from all testers.The testing team just does not focus on testing the software to identify the bugs but works with the team from the initial stages of planning and builds a robust and effective testing strategy. Therefore, there has been a drastic increase in the responsibilities of testers, and their focus on long-term visions. It encourages the testing team to design the tests scripts first, and the tests are entirely focused on the customer experience. Every customer's expectations are envisioned by the designers while developing the software.This approach helps the testing team carry out the testing activities continuously and take more ownership of their code with an increase in their responsibilities on testing.Final wordsThe introduction of the 'Shift Left Testing' concept has evoked a huge transformation for a Tester. The sole focus of a Tester was only 'Defect Detection'; however, now the aim of the this approach, from a Tester's perspective is a journey of 'Early Defect Detection to Defect Prevention' & thereby improving software quality and reduces 'Time to Market'.Clients and developers need to engage themselves in the discussion and collaborate on ideas, requirements at every single stage of the project to identify the risks and mitigate them in advance.It helps in detecting defects at an earlier stage when it is less expensive and easier to fix. Shift left testing involves four different variants such as Traditional, Incremental, Agile/DevOps, and Model-based. However, each of these variants depends on each other to substantially improve the efficiency of testing and extent of testing."
- "In this edition of Meet our Expert, we feature Gayathri P. A multi-talented individual, and quiet achiever who has been with us since 2016. She shares her journey till now and the experience she had working with us for the past five years.1. Tell us about yourself I spent my childhood in a rural household in Aduthurai near Kumbakonam, a quaint and colorful town in Tamil Nadu. My father, a farmer, worked tirelessly to ensure my siblings and I received a good education. I passed my schooling with a distinction, and in 2014, I completed my ECE graduation from Arasu Engineering college. My two elder sisters are now mathematics teachers, and my elder brother is following in my father’s footsteps by being a farmer.2. What made you choose software testing as your career? After my initial stint in the content abstraction process and data analytics, I came across the opening for software testing role at QAonCloud. I immediately grabbed opportunity because I felt I would enjoy this work. 3. How did you find out about QAonCloud? How did you join? While working on a content abstraction project for DesiCrew, I applied for internal recruitment in the software testing process at QAonCloud. It was followed by an Online Aptitude Test and an interview process. The entire affair was conducted smoothly. After successfully joining QAonCloud, it has been an onward and upward journey for me ever since. 4. What do you like about QAonCloud? I love working in the friendly environment of QAonCloud. They support my career growth through continuous education. The managers are very supportive and always give me valuable suggestions to improve my performance. 5. What is your role, and what are your specializations? I started my journey as a junior crewmate and worked my way to the position of Subject Matter Expert (SME) in software testing. Currently, I am working on the Mobile and Web application testing of a financial application. 6. What’s something you find challenging about your work? The lockdown has been a challenging time for me. Work from home makes me feel a bit stressed because I am constantly near my workstation. I can’t wait to go back to the office to chat with my coworkers and take occasional breaks in the cafeteria. 7. Do you have any mentors in your personal/professional life? My father is my mentor and inspiration. He is the reason why I am working in the technical field of my choice. During my college admission, I almost missed out on my preferred engineering course due to an application issue found on the very last day. My application was bound to get rejected. I got discouraged and decided to change my graduation course. My father intervened and got me to reapply at the final moment, and I was able to join my preferred degree. His constant support and encouragement pushed me to give my best in everything I do. 8. Do you have any hidden talents or hobbies? My garden is my paradise. Taking good care of the plants and grooming them gives me comfort and refreshment. I also like to experiment with my dishes by watching cooking shows online and surprising my family with homecooked sweets."
- "Test automation has become an integral component of the modern software development and testing process. With the increasing client expectations for speed and scale, it is not the time to continue using the legacy software testing processes. It has become essential that the testing and quality assurance function catches up to the current speed and does not become a bottleneck. And for this purpose, you need a faster and more efficient testing process like Scriptless Test Automation that can keep up with the agile software development. Test Automation can be your perfect solution In the big bang world of software testing, automated testing has always been in the limelight because of obvious reasons like reduced cost, fast and convenient testing process, and more. Most organizations lean on a plethora of automated testing tools to achieve these objectives but; Are these tools competent enough to maximize the ROI of your organization? Is the tool approach right for automated testing services? Why is your go-to-market time not stepping up? The answer to all these queries lies in adapting the “Scriptless Test Automation” because the core of agile testing lies in the management of the scripts built for test automation. With every small change in the product, the script-based test automation framework has to be updated while considering all the practical implications. Ultimately, this requires more effort, time, and project investments. A well-functioning test automation framework requires regular maintenance of the test automation scripts. A test script is a code written to provide automatic testing instructions on a user interface. Managing these scripts is the most challenging aspect of test automation and also one of the biggest reasons why test automation fails in most organizations. How about going scriptless and still enjoy the test automation? Adapting the revolutionary Scriptless Test Automation technique can work wonders for your agile testing process by adding high speed, convenience, and simplicity. It tremendously shrinks the need for test scripts to run automated test cases that make it an ideal alternative to traditional test automation. What is Scriptless Test Automation? The scriptless process is all about reducing the time to write the test scripts and shifts the whole focus on the validation of business logic. It is a flexible test automation framework that reduces the manual intervention into coding and runs automated test cases behind the scenes. Testers can simply indicate the steps rather than writing the codes, and the scriptless framework can translate those steps into test cases. As a result, scriptless test automation enables your organization to efficiently scale up testing and QA processes while reducing the time expended to understand and write the code, accelerating the time-to-market for releases. This test automation approach will help your organization reduce the time and effort needed to ensure quality, speed, and ease within the agile testing process. Overall, scriptless test automation makes the testing process simpler, more understandable, easier to use and optimizes testing automation efforts. Why Adopt a Scriptless Framework for Test Automation? ✓ This approach does not require thorough technical knowledge and programming skills, and therefore, resolves the challenge related to the shortage of skilled resources. ✓ It simplifies the process of creating test scripts, automation of test case designing, validation, and execution to make the test automation approach robust and scalable. ✓ The test cases are reusable and easy to maintain with scriptless test automation. ✓ Automate and accelerate the test scripting and designing process, thereby adding speed and convenience to the overall software development and testing process. ✓ It can work parallel to the development process, and therefore, the testing and QA do not become a bottleneck in the software development life cycle (SDLC). ✓ It has minimum coding requirements, which means business stakeholders can also participate positively in the QA process and offer valuable reviews to enhance the product quality. Leverage Scriptless Test Automation with QAonCloud With extensive experience in test automation, we specialize in manual and automated testing solutions for organizations of all sizes globally. We helped many organizations to reduce their test cycle time by implementing a customized Scriptless Test Automation framework. Our clients have gained enormous benefits such as increased release velocity, reduced time to market & overall testing effort, resulting in maximized ROI of the organization. QAonCloud has a highly competent workforce and an excellent pool of qualified professionals to provide full-fledged testing solutions across all industries. Our test automation framework is a proven, tool-agnostic, and independent testing solution designed for automating complex business processes in the best possible ways. Get a FREE Consultation with our test automation experts and understand how we can help you scale up your test automation efforts."
- "The waterfall method is a sequential software development model first described in 1970. This method has its roots in the manufacturing and construction industries, where it is necessary to complete each phase in its entirety before moving to the next step. Its straightforward and systematic approach is often considered to be its great strength. The waterfall sequence has six well-defined stages in the following order: Requirements, Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Operations.The problem with this method was, businesses in the real world move at a rapid pace. Some functionalities may turn obsolete within months, or few overlooked defects can cause disaster on software release. The waterfall method was not designed to handle quick changes to the code.Developers came together in 2001 to introduce agile methodology. It was a more “lightweight” approach to software development. Coders and Testers worked together in incremental cycles until the functionality provided enough value to end-users on release. A high level of flexibility, collaboration and rapid feedback loops became the defining features of the agile movement. Today, it is estimated more than 71% of organizations use some form of agile methodology.Nevertheless, the Waterfall approach is still relevant. Each development project is unique, and it depends on what is important to you. Software development is both art and science, and there can never be a correct answer. We present you with a detailed comparison to help decide which method best suits your needs."
- "Featuring test experts of QAonCloud. Every month we will feature the story of one of our team members as a part of this program. They are going to share their experiences with QAonCloud and Testing. 1. Tell us about yourself I was born, raised and live in a small town called ‘Kollumangudi’ in India. It is one of the most beautiful rural areas of Tamil Nadu State. My native language is Tamil, but I can speak English too. I’m the only child of my parents and firm believers in the power of women's education. I studied hard since my childhood. I scored 87% in 12th standard and in 2013, I received an engineering degree in computer science. Infact, I was the university topper and I received a Gold medal at my convocation. (You should have seen how proud my parents were on that day!) 2. What made you choose software testing as your career? After getting my engineering degree, I was looking for a job in the computer science field, and that's when I came across the ‘Software Testing’ field. I learned that this career is more about applying knowledge and skills. It didn't take me long to choose this career as this is a challenging technical career. 3. How did You Find Out About QAonCloud? Can You Explain Your Journey? Even though I wanted to become an expert in the software testing field, I thought to myself, “Getting a job in this field, and that too in this rural area is next to impossible.’ So, I applied for a BPO process in a company called Desicrew solutions Pvt ltd, through one of my friends. A month later, I heard about an internal job posting in Desicrew Pvt ltd for a new business process, ‘QAonCloud’. Guess what! QAonCloud is a software testing & QA service providing company! I plunged and applied for it. Getting selected and moving onto the QA process… everything just happened in a blink, and I'm so thankful for myself for applying. I have been working here since 2014, so I could say that I have a long history with QAonCloud. Now I'm able to look after my parents and also pursue my dream career at the same time. 4. What do you like about QAonCloud? Working with QAonCloud helped me excel in my career and helped me improve my testing skills, domain knowledge, learning new tools, communication, and time management skills. One thing that I liked the most about QAonCloud is the flexibility and freedom of work. QAonCloud has the best pool of resources, domain experts, experienced testers, & also a friendly workplace environment. I’m able to unveil the best version of myself through continuous learning and experiences. To be honest, QAonCloud is like a second home for me now. 5. What is your role, and what are your specialisations? I started my career with QAonCloud as a software testing engineer. Currently, I’m playing the Team Lead Role. I have hands-on experience in functional testing, web application testing, & mobile application testing. Apart from that, I have experience in working with selenium IDE and web driver, android studio, Charles proxy, Jira, Mantis and Phabricator. 6. What motivates you in your personal/professional life? My dad is a wonderful human being who always believed & supported me. He worked hard and has been the breadwinner of our family. But he never said no to anything I ask for. He is my motivator in my personal life. He guides me whenever I have a problem. I’m married now. But he is still my go-to person when I have difficulties. Also, the stress-free working environment, flexibility and numerous opportunities I get at QAonCloud are really motivating me professionally. 7. Do you have any hidden talents that we don't know? I cook well and I'm the master chef of my family. Recipes are my way to go whenever I feel depressed. I love to hear people talk about how tasty my food is! (especially my husband & my parents). Also, I love listening to music while cooking. This helps me to get rid of my tiredness."