Want to discuss your requirements today with a quality expert?
Whatever are your testing needs, QAonCloud will take care of that for you
Our services are designed to address all your testing needs so you can concentrate on building your app and we will make sure it is well tested.
Our experienced quality assurance professionals have a deep domain knowledge and hands-on expertise to find a feasible testing solution for your business challenges.
Whatever platform your apps are built on, our team of specialists ensure your customers gets the best experience of your applications.
Our specially assembled team for you at QAonCloud strives for your success. Dedicated teams, Continuous testing, Constant Feedback, Sign-off on releases and Experienced testers makes you feel it’s your team.
We Love To Help Craft Quality Software
Do you know how your QA strategy measures up against the industry standards?
Want to learn more about QAonCloud’s process in helping create high quality software? Learn more about our process, engagement model and what kind of deliverables you would get once you start working with us.
Fully Managed Testing
We are your testing team
Jointly Managed Testing
We extend your testing team
One Time Engagement
We do one time testing of your app
"QAonCIoud has helped us bring a higher level of quality to our web properties. Their team is highly capable and skilled, and bring a level of proficiency to the table that allows them to be immediately productive"
Sr. Product Manager for Web Technologies, AlienVault
"QAonCIoud have constantly impressed us with quick turnarounds and detailed reports on testing. In addition, they have accommodated our requests for quick tests and sanity tests within a few hours."
Program Manager, Indihood.
"QAonCloud is a great addition to our team, helping us out with testing and maintaining the quality of our product. They are very flexible and easily adapted to our processes and tools. They are very rigorous during the testing process, pay attention to detail, and always ask questions to our development team if something is unclear."
Chief Technology Officer, Prompto
- "In recent years, there has been a growing interest in performance engineering to improve software systems' performance. Some experts believe that performance engineering can replace performance testing in the future, as it takes a more holistic approach to performance optimization.This article discusses the various aspects of performance engineering and why it may gradually replace performance testing in the future. Performance Engineering And Its Various AspectsPerformance engineering is a holistic approach to software development that focuses on optimizing the performance of software systems. It aims to ensure that software systems are reliable, deliver high performance, and are easy to maintain. Performance engineering aims to identify and address performance issues before they become major problems. We can accomplish it by considering performance at every stage of the development process, from design to deployment.Aspects of Performance EngineeringMostly Performance engineering typically includes various activities such as performance testing, performance monitoring, and performance optimization.Performance TestingPerformance testing is an important part of performance engineering. It is a type of testing used to evaluate a system's performance under specific conditions. This helps identify and address performance issues we may have missed during the development process. There are various types of performance testing, such as load testing, stress testing, and endurance testing.Performance MonitoringPerformance monitoring is another important aspect of performance engineering. This involves monitoring the performance of a system in production to identify and address performance issues that may arise. Testers can use performance monitoring tools to gather performance metrics, such as response time, throughput, and resource usage. We can also use these metrics to identify and diagnose performance issues.Performance OptimizationPerformance optimization is the final step of performance engineering, and it involves identifying and addressing performance issues we have identified during performance testing and monitoring. This could include making code, architecture, and infrastructure changes to improve the system's performance.Advantages of Performance EngineeringThere are many advantages to using performance engineering, includingEarly Identification And Resolution Of Performance IssuesPerformance engineering allows developers to identify and address performance issues early on, before deploying the system. This is known as "performance by design," where we analyze the performance at every stage of the development process. By catching performance issues early on, developers can make changes to the code that will positively impact performance, ultimately saving time and money in the long run.Tailored OptimizationPerformance engineering allows developers to optimize the performance of a system in a way that is tailored to the specific needs of the system. This approach ensures that the system is running at its best possible performance.Improved ScalabilityPerformance engineering can be used to identify and address scalability issues early on, before they become major problems. With this, developers can ensure that the system is able to handle an increasing number of users and transactions.Cost SavingsBy identifying and addressing performance issues early on, performance engineering can help to save time and money in the long run. This is because performance issues that are identified later on in the development process can be more difficult and expensive to address.Improved ReliabilityPerformance engineering can help to improve the reliability of software systems by identifying and addressing performance earlier in the development phase. This can help to reduce downtime and improve the overall user experience.Improved Customer SatisfactionPerformance engineering can help to improve customer satisfaction by delivering software with high performance and reliability. Users will be able to access the system more quickly and reliably, which can help to improve the overall user experience.Improved CompliancePerformance engineering can also help to ensure that software systems comply with regulatory requirements and industry standards. This can help to ensure that the system is secure and that sensitive data is protected.Improved ProductivityPerformance engineering helps to ensure that software systems are running at optimal performance, which can improve the productivity of users. Additionally, by addressing performance issues early, it can prevent discontinuity in business operations and render reliable software solutions. Scope of Performance Engineering in the FutureThe future of performance engineering looks promising, as the demand for high-performing software systems continues to grow. With the increasing complexity of software systems, and the constant need to optimize performance, the role of performance engineering will become increasingly important.As technology and development processes continue to evolve, the future scope of performance engineering will also change. With the growing adoption of cloud computing, performance engineering will play a key role in ensuring that software systems are optimized for cloud environments. Additionally, as the Internet of Things (IoT) and edge computing become more prevalent, performance engineering will play an important role in ensuring that software system optimization happens for these types of distributed environments.As more organizations adopt DevOps and Agile development methodologies, performance engineering will need to adapt to the increased speed and automation required in these processes. Another future scope of performance engineering is in the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). These technologies will bring new challenges for performance optimization, and it will be important for performance engineers to develop new techniques to analyze and optimize the performance of AI and ML-based systems.Final ThoughtsOverall, performance engineering will continue to be an important approach to software development, as the need for high-performing software systems continues to grow. With the evolving technology and the increasing complexity of software systems, performance engineering will play a crucial role in ensuring a satisfactory user experience with excellent software performance. Our teams at QAonCloud have mastered the skills and knowledge to employ performance engineering to create an elevated user experience.If you are looking for a reliable partner for your performance engineering requirements, contact us for a 15 min free demo."
- "Quality assurance, software testing, and test automation are crucial phases in the SDLC process. The total cost of failing IT projects in the US in 2020 was $260 billion, according to a Consortium of Information & Software Quality survey. Numerous factors contributed to the failure of the projects, but one recurring issue was a disregard for software quality. Regardless of the size of your business, you may want to hire a software testing services company if you're getting ready to release a new app or piece of software. In addition to significantly shortening the release cycle, QA can help detect any code flaws, bugs or errors and let you fix them before releasing them to customers. It is imperative that businesses make informed decisions when choosing QA consultancy services to prevent a variety of project quality problems that can cause inadequate testing to a weak overall project test execution process. Best Practices for Choosing a QA Consultancy Service Here are some best practices and tips to remember while choosing a QA consultancy service: Define Your Goals Planning an outsourcing strategy with well-defined objectives and quantifiable goals will assist you in making conclusions on crucial factors such as the project's business value, outsourcing models, vendors, and projects be aware of potential risks. Choose Your Outsourcing Model There are several options for QA consulting partners based on they type of outsourcing model your business requires. Here are three main outsourcing models: A) Expert/Specialized QA They are solely focused on testing and other QA services, such as consulting and may be situated domestically or abroad. B) IT Specialists IT specialists combine QA with other outsourced IT services that can come in handy for development and testing services. C) Crowd-sourcing Service Providers These are often the companies who contract out your testing to independent QA specialists, giving you the benefit of having numerous individuals carry out your testing in real-world settings. Finding a Balance Between Quality and Cost Avoiding the race to the bottom is crucial for successful QA consulting partners. It's crucial to remember that your software testing firm can add value in various ways. Still, if you are merely willing to pay less for an outsourced service, the advantages of the process will be extremely restricted. Ensure the chosen QA consultancy service meets project requirements and KPIs such as:. a) Complete testing activities more quickly than you could use internal resources. b) Improve the overall efficiency and smoothness of your QA process. c) Find more errors more quickly than your internal resources d) Make timely deliveries on time e) Collaborate with teams and provide effective solutions that meet business requirements Things to Consider While Choosing QA Consultancy Services The following are the key factors you should consider when selecting a QA consultancy service: Industry Knowledge An attractive portfolio showcasing their experience is a requirement for a reputable software QA consultancy company. A company's extensive expertise and ability to quickly understand your requirements are indicated by experience in similar projects or industries. Checking the Background Many vendors are offering software testing services today, all of whom make lofty claims about their services' pricing, quality, tools, and turnaround times. However, the actual picture might be different. Therefore it is crucial to thoroughly investigate the seller, their clientele, reviews, repeat customers, etc. Well-Defined Service Level Agreement (SLA) A specific and well-defined SLA serves as a roadmap for the entire project. The dates, milestones, project description, communication strategy, and other crucial details should all be included in the SLA. The SLA serves as a legally enforceable instrument to protect both parties interests and will also serve as a guide for the procedures to be followed in certain circumstances. Domain Knowledge Your entire service delivery schedule may suffer if you choose a testing consultancy partner with resources but little subject matter expertise. Additionally, this will affect the speed of completion and final product quality. Therefore, it is advised to employ a consultancy partner who can quickly provide testing results while also making design and process flow suggestions. To choose the best service provider, it's vital to ask various questions while choosing a QA software testing firm like Does the vendor for software testing have the necessary experience? Are your needs in line with the level of expertise possessed by the QA experts? Has your software testing partner implemented the necessary client-communication processes? Does your partner in test automation have all the tools at their disposal to suit your needs? Reliable Communication There are occasions when poor communication between a customer and their contracted partner for software testing completely obstructs the process. Therefore, picking a vendor for software testing must also consider a proper communication strategy. To avoid problems between you and the vendor, ensure to set up clear communication goals with your outsourced partner. An effective communication model typically includes a well-laid-out route to carry out escalations, reporting and Problem Solving. Secure Channels for Data and Intellectual Property Transfer When choosing your outsourced software testing firm one of the most important factors to consider is IPR protection. The company you choose must safeguard the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) you supply and ensure that it is not used for any other purpose than the one for which it was provided. Employee confidentiality agreements to safeguard IP and Non-disclosure contract standards must be met when outsourcing to a QA consultancy service. Depending on the particular requirements of your QA and testing project, there may be other considerations to take into account, such as using a configuration management system or maintaining an extensive change. Final Thoughts Oftentimes, especially in startups, there is an overwhelming need to do everything oneself. However, doing so frequently increases costs, time, and resources. The simplest method is to hire a certified QA consultancy service and do it right to see profitable outcomes: high-quality software and elevated customer experience. Our highly experienced testing teams at QAonCloud have assisted startups, enterprises, and SMBs with their QA, testing, and test automation needs for several years. Their extensive industry knowledge and reputable experience can surely play a crucial role in your SDLC process. Want to know how we can help you? Get 100% off on our 15-minute consultation today."
- "As QA budgets become increasingly important in the modern economy, businesses need an effective QA budget management strategy. QA budgets are a crucial part of any business, regardless of size. They typically cover both software testing costs and in-house QA partnership costs. As such, they must be managed carefully and efficiently to ensure that the most value is extracted from them while meeting customer needs and expectations. This guide provides readers with an overview of QA budget management strategies for 2023 so that their business can remain competitive and successful in the coming years. QA Budgets: What Are They? QA stands for Quality Assurance, which ensures that products and services conform to customer expectations. The budgets for QA Testing are how businesses allocate their money to QA-related activities, such as software testing and QA partnerships. These budgets can range from small to large, depending on the size and scope of the business. QA budget management is essential for businesses, as it helps them to ensure that QA resources are used in the most efficient way possible. Planning QA Budgets Is Important QA budgets is crucial for businesses in 2023, as they help businesses to remain competitive and successful. Here are some critical reasons why QA budgets are essential: Cost Savings: Managing them effectively can result in significant cost savings in the long run, as it helps businesses optimize their spending on QA activities and avoid unnecessary costs. Quality Assurance: An effective QA budget management strategy can help ensure that products meet customer expectations, which is essential for customer satisfaction and loyalty. Competitive Advantage: A well-managed QA budget can give businesses a competitive edge over rival companies, as they can produce higher quality products than their competitors while still being cost-effective. How to Effectively Manage Your QA Budget Businesses need an effective QA budget management strategy to remain competitive and successful in the future. Here are some tips for managing your QA budget effectively in 2023: Set Clear Goals: The first step towards effective QA budget management is to set clear goals and objectives. This will help ensure that you are spending optimally which in turn helps you track progress toward those goals. Research Different Options: Once you have set clear goals, it’s essential to research different options to help you achieve them. This includes researching different QA tools and services and potential in-house QA partnerships. Track Progress: Regularly track and monitor progress towards QA budget goals, as this will help you identify areas where more resources may be needed or where costs can be reduced. Monitor Your Partnerships: If you are working with any QA partnerships, regularly monitor their performance to meet your expectations and deliver on their promises. Look for Opportunities to Save Money: Try to look for opportunities to save money in the QA process, such as using open-source software testing tools instead of expensive proprietary ones. Tips for Reducing Costs without Sacrificing Quality Although it is important to manage QA budgets efficiently, businesses need to be careful not to sacrifice quality in the process. Here are some tips for reducing costs while still delivering high-quality products: 1. Automate Tests Automating tests can save both time and money in the long run, as it eliminates the need for manual testing. This will also help improve overall quality, as automated tests are more reliable than manual ones. 2. Outsource Testing Outsourcing software testing services can be more cost-effective than in-house testing, as it helps businesses take advantage of specialized skills and expertise while avoiding hiring new employees. 3. Utilize Open Source Tools Open source tools can be used in place of expensive proprietary tools and can provide the same quality assurance. 4. Invest in Training Training for in-house QA teams can help ensure high-quality work without additional costs associated with hiring new staff. 5. Invest in QA Partnerships QA partnerships can help businesses save time and money while still delivering quality products. QA partners can provide expert QA services, helping businesses reduce QA costs without sacrificing quality. Benefits of QA Partnerships for Companies on a Tight Budget For businesses with tight budgets, partnering with QA companies can be an effective cost-saving measure. Here are some benefits of such partnerships: Reduced Cost: QA partnerships can help reduce costs as companies can access the expertise of experienced professionals without having to hire additional staff or outsource services. Improved Quality: By partnering with an experienced QA company, businesses can benefit from improved product quality by accessing more advanced tools and techniques to help them meet their goals. Access to Resources: QA partnerships also give businesses access to additional resources, such as templates and software testing tools, which can improve product quality. Faster Delivery Times: By partnering with an experienced QA company, businesses can benefit from faster delivery times as the experts can complete QA process more quickly. Conclusion The outlook for QA budgets in 2023 is optimistic as businesses increasingly recognize the importance of quality assurance. However, it is important for businesses not to sacrifice quality in saving money on their QA budget in 2023. QAonCloud can be a cost-efficient option for startups with limited access to resources. Businesses can benefit from an array of our services, such as automated testing, open-source tools, and expert QA services. This can help businesses to save money while still being able to deliver quality products."
- "In the fast-paced world of software development, automation is quickly becoming an essential tool for testing the quality of a project. Automating specific tests can save time and money while ensuring that all necessary conditions are met before launching any changes or additions to your product. However, measuring the success of these automated tests can be difficult, as there is no single metric for evaluating automated test results. This article will provide an overview of how to assess the success of software test automation for a project and discuss critical metrics to consider when making decisions about future automation efforts. How To Develop a Successful Test Automation Strategy? The first step to evaluating the success of test automation is developing an effective automation strategy. This includes determining which testers should automate and what goals you hope to achieve with those tests. Additionally, it’s essential to consider how we will measure and monitor the results to ensure the Test Automation success in the long run. 1. Set Objectives For Test Automation The first step in developing a successful test automation strategy is to review all existing tests and determine which components suit the best for automation. 100% Automation is not possible. So, setting realistic expectations when considering the scope of automation is essential. This helps define what we should test and how much time and effort should we allocate. When setting objectives, it’s important to consider the cost-benefit analysis of the project. This will vary depending on the scope of the project and its underlying objectives. 2. Establish standards and benchmarks The next step in evaluating test automation's success is establishing standards and benchmarks that can help in measuring its effectiveness. This includes setting criteria for determining how long a particular test takes to complete, the accuracy of the results, and the level of effort required to maintain the automation scripts. Additionally, consider setting up a system to track the number of tests run on each software build and the overall cost-effectiveness of using test automation. This data supports in indication of how successful an automated testing strategy is in meeting its goals. 3. Choosing the best Test Automation Tools The next step is to select the appropriate test automation tools for the project. This selection process must carefully evaluate potential vendors and products, considering factors such as price, user experience, integration with existing systems, and scalability. It’s also essential to ensure that the chosen tool can be used effectively in the intended environment, including any specific hardware or software requirements. Consider factors such as cost, compatibility with existing systems, ease of integration, customer support, and scalability when deciding which tool is most appropriate. 4. Create Test Automation Scripts After selecting the automation tools, we should configure and integrate the tool into the project’s existing architecture. Testers create automation scripts that trigger the test automation from within the software development environment. We can write the Automation scripts in any programming language and should include commands for initiating tests, scheduling tests, executing test data, and generating reports. 5. Run The Scripts After the automation scripts have been set up and integrated into the project, they can be triggered to run tests. This requires setting up a test environment with the necessary tools and resources to execute the test scripts, including hardware and software. Once everything is in place and ready to go, the tests can be triggered manually or automatically, and the results monitored in real time. It’s important to look closely at how long each test took to complete and any errors or unexpected outcomes. The tests should also be run on multiple devices and environments to verify that the results are consistent across different platforms. 5. Monitor Performance Finally, it’s important to monitor the performance of the test automation on an ongoing basis. This can be done by collecting metrics such as execution time, the number of tests run and test coverage. These metrics can help identify areas for improvement in terms of speed, accuracy, or efficiency. If there are areas in which automated tests are not meeting expectations, consider revising them or developing new ones to improve their effectiveness. Additionally, review any changes made to the software since the tests were written to determine if they impact the results. By regularly monitoring performance, it’s possible to ensure that test automation is meeting the project objectives and delivering the desired results. Key metrics to Consider to Evaluate The Test Automation Success For organizations considering investing further in test automation, they should consider some key metrics to evaluate the Test Automation success of a project. These include the number of tests run, the time it takes each test to complete, and the accuracy of results. Additionally, understanding how much efforts we need to put to maintain the automation scripts and compare this cost with the potential return on investment from automated testing. Count The Number of Tests The number of tests run is an important metric to consider when looking at the effectiveness of test automation. This figure represents how many individual tests were executed and can provide insight into how much work was completed in a given period for that particular project. The more tests conducted, the better the coverage will be and the higher the likelihood of identifying any potential issues. Time to Complete The time it takes for each test to complete can be a valuable metric for determining the effectiveness of automation. The shorter the completion time, the faster we can obtain the results, making it easier to troubleshoot and fix problems quickly. Additionally, this metric can help identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, so that we can address them faster to improve the overall performance of the automation. Accuracy of Results Accuracy is an important metric to consider when evaluating the effectiveness of test automation. This measure looks at how accurately the results of tests match expectations. It offers insight into whether or not the automated tests provide accurate data. If the accuracy rate is too low, we must revise existing tests and create new ones. Additionally, look for any discrepancies between the expected and actual outcomes of tests to identify potential errors. With a high accuracy rate, organizations can trust the results of their test automation efforts. Rank Tests As Per Priority Finally, validating tests based on their importance or priority is essential. By doing so, organizations can ensure the completion of most critical tests first and allocate the necessary resources. Additionally, this helps identify areas where there is a need for additional automation efforts to improve coverage or accuracy of results. When setting test automation priorities, consider each test's costs and benefits to determine the most effective approach. What Tests Can We Automate? Knowing what to automate can help understand test scripts' performance and ensure Test Automation Success. Test automation can automate various software tests, including testing units, system integrations, functionalities, regression test suites, performance, security, and accessibility. Unit tests: Typically written in the same language as the application code. It helps in verifying whether individual components work correctly. System integration tests: Ensure that different system components interact correctly. Functional tests: Designed to verify that the expected behavior of the system is in line with user requirements. Regression test suites: Run whenever code changes happen to the existing code. Helps in ensuring that all the existing functionalities are working fine even after the modifications. User acceptance tests: Helps in verifying that the software is as per the user’s requirements. Performance tests: Measure how quickly a system responds to requests and how it handles heavy workloads. Security tests: Assess potential vulnerabilities in the code, while accessibility tests ensure that users with disabilities can access the software. Conclusion Test automation can be a powerful tool for improving software testing accuracy, reliability, and speed. Automated tests can help reduce costs and time to market while also helping ensure that software meets its quality requirements. With the right metrics, organizations can confidently trust their automated test results and make timely project decisions. Test automation can provide a comprehensive view of software quality and help organizations create better products in less time. Talk to our experts today to see how we can be the best partners for your journey towards Test Automation."
- "AR/VR in retail has become the norm as it helps deliver customers an immersive shopping experience. AR/VR testing in retail will help ensure the best possible customer shopping experience. People have already begun to use augmented and virtual reality to make the right purchase decisions. This has pushed multiple brands to invest in AR/VR to satisfy their customers' demands. But because these technologies are only in their beginning phase, a lot of testing must be done to ensure that it functions as intended. AR/VR testing is crucial for retail businesses; not paying enough attention will lead to poor shopping experience and push customers away from your store. Luckily, we're here to help you; in this article, you'll learn more about virtual and augmented reality testing and how to perform it with the help of experts. What is Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality? Augmented reality(AR) is a technology that combines computer-generated digital perception and the real world to deliver an immersive and interactive experience to customers. Virtual reality is an end-to-end immersive technology that allows users to perform actions in a digital world while feeling immersed in the real world. VR simulates our real world in 3-dimension using computer programming. Popular use cases of AR/VR in retail Product details Nike has an AR feature in their store where customers can scan a product using their smartphones, and all the details about the product will be displayed in the real world. Customers can also see the supply chain details and trace the product back to manufacturing Product visualization IKEA has a Place App powered by AR. It enables customers to leverage to place furniture in their houses to see how the product would look in their setting. All this can be done just using the smartphone camera. VR showroom Be it a furniture or a luxury car, VR enables you to purchase it right from the comfort of your house. All you need is a VR headset, and the brand will take you on a VR shopping journey through their showroom, where you can see the products and their specifications via the headset and make a purchase. Virtual perception Eyeglasses brands are the ones that took AR/VR to the next level with their 'Virtual try-on' feature. Brands like Warby Parker and Lenskart let customers try one frame using their smartphone camera to help them choose the right products. Why AR/VR testing in retail is essential? AR/VR are emerging technologies which might still go through changes to make them more stable and consumer-friendly. Leveraging them for commercial purposes is expensive, but it'll help you stand out from the competition. However, a simple error due to a lack of AR/VR testing will deliver a bad experience to the customers and push them away from your brand. You cannot take those chances, which is why augmented and virtual reality testing is essential. The crux of AR/VR is the immersiveness, and it can't be tested programmatically. You need experts to test-run your applications and check for bugs that could disrupt the whole experience. VR blends both the real world and virtual world and brings it to customers through a headset; a bad design could cause serious health issues to the users like headaches, dizziness, temporary visual impairment and more. So, the severity of AR/VR bugs is unlike any other applications. That is why your augmented reality QA testing process should be meticulous, or you'll affect your reputation. How to perform AR/VR testing in retail applications Here we understand the application's core functionality and how AR/VR can solve the customer's pain points. Understanding the possible use cases will make it easier for the QA team to derive test cases. Once the test cases are derived, we can start testing the applications against real-world scenarios. Testing must cover every possible scenario, from accessible devices to the environment where the devices will be used. Virtual headsets must undergo a meticulous testing process to ensure that it doesn't cause physical disruptions to the customers. It is also essential to perform retail app virtual reality testing to ensure that the application can register 2D/3D objects and deliver an immersive experience. AR/VR in Retail Apps - Testing Types AR/VR testing comprises multiple types of testing to ensure that it delivers the best customer experience. Functional testing Testing whether the application and the headsets perform as per the client’s requirements. The retail app and VR headsets are designed to deliver an immersive experience, so it is crucial to ensure that the software and the hardware are defect-free and provide a smooth user experience. Usability testing The main goal of AR/VR is to simplify customer's efforts and offer a smooth experience. So, the apps must have an intuitive and user-friendly interface so the customers can navigate them easily. Usability testing is done to check the application's overall user-friendliness and AR/VR feature. Hardware testing End-to-End AR/VR testing can happen only if we use external hardware like smartphones and VR headsets. Hardware testing helps to check whether the application can run 2D/3D objects smoothly in multiple devices and if the VR headsets can simulate the physical surroundings without disrupting the customer's health. Immersive testing VR would be redundant if it cannot offer immersiveness, and customers might need external hardware to experience the immersive features. Test the application and its compatibility across multiple hardware devices to help customers get an immersive experience. Performance testing AR/VR testing will be incomplete if testers ignore performance testing. AR/VR capable apps will attract high traffic and require high network speed to function correctly. Run the application at high-simulated traffic and multiple network speeds to check the performance limit of the application. This benchmark will help the development team to make additional changes in future upgrades. Accessibility testing Headache and motion sickness are customers' primary concerns before trying out AR and VR. Test the application and ensure that it cannot cause discomfort to the customers before releasing the feature to the market. QAonCloud - Your AR/VR Application Testing Expert! Retail companies have started leveraging AR/VR technology to offer their customers a unique VR shopping experience. To stay relevant in the market, every retail store must incorporate AR/VR to avoid losing out to their competition. But before launching your AR/VR-powered retail applications, you must test them to avoid affecting a customer's shopping experience. Carrying out virtual and augmented reality testing is not your task as you have a business to run. This is where you can use QAonCloud as your AR/VR testing partner; they possess a strong team of VR experts and resources to help test your retail application and make it AR/VR ready. Talk to us if you want to test your AR/VR feature and help you provide an immersive shopping experience to your customers."
- "People are in the holiday rush, hopping from store to store, purchasing gifts for their loved ones, and using exclusive holiday deals. But once the shopping frenzy cools off, guess what happens next? They turn to streaming apps to watch their favorite show or movie with their families and relax. This isn't an isolated event; considering the comfort that steaming apps offer, everyone will be using its services during the holiday season leading to a huge traffic spike. Traffic spike is good, right? They're good; unless your streaming app crashes during the holiday. Popular streaming apps like Netflix, Hotstar+, HBO Max, etc., have crashed during season finales of popular shows like Wandavision and Mare of Easttown. Overwhelming traffic isn't the only reason for the crash/outage. Streaming apps & live streaming apps are often poorly tested for various scenarios. But we're here to help you out; learn how to make your streaming apps crash-proof for the holiday season in this article. Streaming apps: Why are they so popular? Let's take a quick look at why streaming apps are where they're today; two things paved the way for it – high-priced cinema tickets and unreliable cable channels. Audiences were looking for an alternative – something that'll not empty their pockets and is easily accessible, that's when streaming apps came in. Streaming apps aren't costly; they are reliable and have the best TV shows and movies ready for the customers to watch with just a click. And a whole generation of audiences migrated to streaming apps and have never looked back. This popularity is why testing these applications is more important than ever. Why streaming apps should be tested? A common misconception is that many people think streaming apps are all about network speed and connectivity – they're wrong. Yes, having a good internet connection will make your apps run faster, but that's not why you must test it – testing is necessary because it can help your streaming app stand out from the competitors. Here are some of the popular mobile streaming apps, Netflix Prime Video Disney+ Hulu HBO Max Apple Tv+ To stand out from the competition, your streaming app should be, Breakage free Capable of handling huge traffic volume Stream videos without lag even during a slow internet connection Able to work on various applications. All these can be evaluated only by testing the applications, and we'll show the top 5 streaming apps testing methods in the next section. Streaming App Testing - Making apps crash-proof for the holiday season Functional testing Functional Testing helps to check whether the application works as per the pre-defined requirements. When a user plays a video, the subtitle must be in sync with the audio and video; any latency here will affect the user viewing experience. It was reported that HBO Max accidentally streamed the unreleased Zack Snyder's Justice League movie when users clicked on the Tom and Jerry movie. This is why it is essential to perform functional testing before the holiday season to avoid frustrating your customers during the holiday. Performance Testing Start by testing how your streaming apps perform under various circumstances. A good application must run without any lags or crashes, irrespective of the load. Here are the metrics that one must consider while load testing your apps, Buffer time - Check how long a viewer has to wait before the video starts playing after clicking it. Record the time the buffer bucket takes to fill on low data connectivity. Bit rate - It measures the number of bits transferred per second to the end user – bit rate usually defines the resolution and quality of the video. Lag ratio - This metric defines the time taken for buffering the whole video. The lag will be higher when the download speed doesn't match the bit rate. Data consumption - Calculating the amount of data consumed by the viewer to stream a video will show you the demand for the data. You must check these common metrics while load-testing your streaming app. Simulate various traffic loads and test how your application performs under different loads. These metrics will show your app's capability under various conditions; which helps streamline your application. Security Testing Accessing the streaming apps requires a viewer's sensitive details like their account and financial information. A data breach could quickly put these sensitive details into jeopardy. Disney+ got attacked by hackers, who stole customers' login credentials and hacked into their accounts using brute force. The holiday season will increase the demand for streaming apps, and that's the right time for cyber attackers to cause disturbances in the system. Once the servers come under attack, it'll lead to application downtime until sorting out the issue. You don't want to put your customers in that position during a holiday. So, secure your apps with end-to-end encryption to safeguard your customer's accounts and boost customer trust. Compatibility Testing Reports say that around 40% of customers access mobile streaming apps. Mobile OS testing is essential to ensure its compatibility. Test Streaming app videos, the billing process, and profile UI on multiple devices, browsers, and OS before the start of the holiday season. Usability Testing The popularity of Netflix is not just because of the latest shows or movies in its database; it is also due to the unique experience it offers to the users. If you want to retain users, it is necessary to make your application user-friendly. Test the user interface and navigation and ensure that users can search and find their shows in just one click. Also, they should be able to make changes to their profiles and account information easily. Making it more challenging for users will make them migrate to your competitors. Prevent it from happening during the holiday season, test the Usability and deliver the best streaming experience to your users. Make your streaming apps crash-proof with QAonCloud Streaming apps have made it easier for the audience to watch their favorite TV shows or movies in the comfort of their house. And during the holiday season, streaming apps will attract a huge volume of users as they'll be looking to enjoy a movie with their families. And you don't want your app to crash on that occasion; this is why we wrote this article to show how important it is to test your application to avoid crashes/downtime during the holiday season. We listed the different testing types to make your streaming apps crash-proof, but to carry out these testing methods, you need a team of experts to test your application against multiple scenarios; this is where QAonCloud comes in. QAonCloud has a dynamic team of QA experts that can test the application under various conditions while you focus on other business activities. Get more subscriptions and a stronger position in the streaming platform market through our end-to-end streaming app testing solutions. Here is your 15-minute free consultation."