A change in your code or program can have an adverse effect on your existing functionality. The basic functionality should always be verified whenever you make code changes.
Regression testing is a type of testing which ensures that any change in the application code does not affect the old working code and its features. In software development, any change to the code with respect to enhancements, bug fixes, or new functionality might accidentally lead to new errors or the recurrence of old defects. So, it is always important to ensure that the application is working fine even after the changes. Hence, regression testing is highly essential when there is a continuous change in the application. Any software after changes should undergo regression testing. If not, the application might fail in the live environment.
At QAonCloud, we do regression testing for each code change or functionality change. We create regression test suites based on the business requirements, priority modules, important features, etc and execute them during every test cycle and ensure that the system is working as expected. We prioritize the test cases for the regression test suite based on the functionalities that are more important, functionalities that fail frequently, complex test cases, test cases that cover the recent code changes, etc.
Regression testing requires the execution of a set of test cases for every test cycle, which is a time consuming and tedious process. So, QAonCloud focuses on automating the regression testing efforts that would save time and costs.
We understand your priorities, list out the basic functionality cases, and automate the regression suite using opensource tools. We run a full regression suite to ensure complete functionality coverage after any server patches, code changes, and database upgrades of your code.
- We ensure that the addition of new code to your software does not affect the existing features by re-executing the full or partial selection of test cases.
- Manual/Automated scripts ensure all the existing functionalities are working fine.
- The Regression test suite is selected based on the frequently used functionalities, critical features, and also based on the business impact.
- We may also suggest automating the previously executed test cases, thereby saving time and money.
- Our team maintains and sends you the report for each regression cycle.
- "People are in the holiday rush, hopping from store to store, purchasing gifts for their loved ones, and using exclusive holiday deals. But once the shopping frenzy cools off, guess what happens next?They turn to streaming apps to watch their favorite show or movie with their families and relax. This isn't an isolated event; considering the comfort that steaming apps offer, everyone will be using its services during the holiday season leading to a huge traffic spike. Traffic spike is good, right? They're good; unless your streaming app crashes during the holiday. Popular streaming apps like Netflix, Hotstar+, HBO Max, etc., have crashed during season finales of popular shows like Wandavision and Mare of Easttown. Overwhelming traffic isn't the only reason for the crash/outage. Streaming apps & live streaming apps are often poorly tested for various scenarios. But we're here to help you out; learn how to make your streaming apps crash-proof for the holiday season in this article. Streaming apps: Why are they so popular? Let's take a quick look at why streaming apps are where they're today; two things paved the way for it – high-priced cinema tickets and unreliable cable channels. Audiences were looking for an alternative – something that'll not empty their pockets and is easily accessible, that's when streaming apps came in.Streaming apps aren't costly; they are reliable and have the best TV shows and movies ready for the customers to watch with just a click. And a whole generation of audiences migrated to streaming apps and have never looked back. This popularity is why testing these applications is more important than ever. Why streaming apps should be tested? A common misconception is that many people think streaming apps are all about network speed and connectivity – they're wrong. Yes, having a good internet connection will make your apps run faster, but that's not why you must test it – testing is necessary because it can help your streaming app stand out from the competitors.Here are some of the popular mobile streaming apps,Netflix Prime VideoDisney+HuluHBO Max Apple Tv+To stand out from the competition, your streaming app should be,Breakage freeCapable of handling huge traffic volume Stream videos without lag even during a slow internet connectionAble to work on various applications. All these can be evaluated only by testing the applications, and we'll show the top 5 streaming apps testing methods in the next section. Streaming App Testing - Making apps crash-proof for the holiday season Functional testing Functional Testing helps to check whether the application works as per the pre-defined requirements. When a user plays a video, the subtitle must be in sync with the audio and video; any latency here will affect the user viewing experience.It was reported that HBO Max accidentally streamed the unreleased Zack Snyder's Justice League movie when users clicked on the Tom and Jerry movie. This is why it is essential to perform functional testing before the holiday season to avoid frustrating your customers during the holiday. Performance Testing Start by testing how your streaming apps perform under various circumstances. A good application must run without any lags or crashes, irrespective of the load. Here are the metrics that one must consider while load testing your apps,Buffer time - Check how long a viewer has to wait before the video starts playing after clicking it. Record the time the buffer bucket takes to fill on low data connectivity. Bit rate - It measures the number of bits transferred per second to the end user – bit rate usually defines the resolution and quality of the video. Lag ratio - This metric defines the time taken for buffering the whole video. The lag will be higher when the download speed doesn't match the bit rate. Data consumption - Calculating the amount of data consumed by the viewer to stream a video will show you the demand for the data. You must check these common metrics while load-testing your streaming app. Simulate various traffic loads and test how your application performs under different loads. These metrics will show your app's capability under various conditions; which helps streamline your application. Security Testing Accessing the streaming apps requires a viewer's sensitive details like their account and financial information. A data breach could quickly put these sensitive details into jeopardy.Disney+ got attacked by hackers, who stole customers' login credentials and hacked into their accounts using brute force. The holiday season will increase the demand for streaming apps, and that's the right time for cyber attackers to cause disturbances in the system. Once the servers come under attack, it'll lead to application downtime until sorting out the issue. You don't want to put your customers in that position during a holiday. So, secure your apps with end-to-end encryption to safeguard your customer's accounts and boost customer trust. Compatibility Testing Reports say that around 40% of customers access mobile streaming apps. Mobile OS testing is essential to ensure its compatibility. Test Streaming app videos, the billing process, and profile UI on multiple devices, browsers, and OS before the start of the holiday season. Usability Testing The popularity of Netflix is not just because of the latest shows or movies in its database; it is also due to the unique experience it offers to the users. If you want to retain users, it is necessary to make your application user-friendly. Test the user interface and navigation and ensure that users can search and find their shows in just one click. Also, they should be able to make changes to their profiles and account information easily. Making it more challenging for users will make them migrate to your competitors. Prevent it from happening during the holiday season, test the Usability and deliver the best streaming experience to your users. Make your streaming apps crash-proof with QAonCloud Streaming apps have made it easier for the audience to watch their favorite TV shows or movies in the comfort of their house. And during the holiday season, streaming apps will attract a huge volume of users as they'll be looking to enjoy a movie with their families.And you don't want your app to crash on that occasion; this is why we wrote this article to show how important it is to test your application to avoid crashes/downtime during the holiday season. We listed the different testing types to make your streaming apps crash-proof, but to carry out these testing methods, you need a team of experts to test your application against multiple scenarios; this is where QAonCloud comes in. QAonCloud has a dynamic team of QA experts that can test the application under various conditions while you focus on other business activities. Get more subscriptions and a stronger position in the streaming platform market through our end-to-end streaming app testing solutions. Here is your 15-minute free consultation."
- "Software Testing Services in Florida In an era of tight competition, investing in a quality software testing and QA service can give you a competitive edge to rise above the competition and launch cutting-edge branded software solutions in the market; Florida, in particular, is a thriving market for software quality assurance testing service companies. Moreover, agencies in this line retain a base of operations in the state due to favorable parameters like investment opportunities and increasingly global demographic. What’s the inherent appeal behind software testing services in the region? Why Software Testing and QA Services? Professionals who are already running a stable operations framework for software rollout might believe investing in QA and software testing is an unnecessary expense. This is particularly true if the product is well-tested and proven. However, software testing is more than just a means of mitigating errors. Here is a brief overview of the scope of software quality assurance testing services. Security Testing A prominent concern for software developers is app security. Hence, security testing is among the most in-demand services currently offered to software testing companies. Mobile App Testing It is common practice for mobile companies to partner with external agencies for app testing to save valuable resources and streamline production. Regression Testing Cutting-edge apps in today’s competitive North American market are bolstered with frequent updates to stay ahead of the curve. To ensure these updates are rolled out without hassle, regression testing helps to consolidate the new features into the existing app framework. This enables smoother updates and quality-of-life changes. Automation Testing Automation testing is a significant draw for any major software company, as it enables access to a user base increasingly preferring streamlined online services. Finally, running a complete check from start to finish is key to ensuring high quality of the product. QA Engineering/QA Assurance Extensive bug fixes rolled out after launch can significantly dent your user’s loyalty. Enlisting the services of a qualified QA testing service company can help you iron out the kinks in your app’s framework, ensuring a top-of-the-line final product. This QA benefit extends well into future updates that your app may imbibe, providing further value addition for software companies. Put simply, availing the services of a software testing company can offer a significant competitive advantage to your online platform. Picking the right service provider with complete transparency and an innovative software testing approach is paramount. With QAonCloud at the helm, you won’t have to look any further for cutting-edge software testing services. Why QAonCloud? All the listed services in the section above are integral spokes of the software testing wheel. On paper, software and app rollout may seem linear, but in a fast-paced market like North America, adapting on the fly to diverse timelines is crucial to stay. However, outsourcing to multiple agencies to cover distinct testing bases for your projects can become tedious to track down. We at QAonCloud bring a world of value to the table as a key player in Florida's software testing and QA service sector. Seamless & Holistic Testing With QAonCloud, all your specific testing needs are covered under one platform and suite of services, integrating into your rollout timelines easily. Cross-platform support Recognizing the rising trend of multiplatform apps in the Florida belt, QAonCloud offers comprehensive cross-platform testing to ensure your service has the spotlight no matter the stage. Flexible QA Management QAonCloud provides a multitude of testing options that are well-suited to organisations of various scales. Our clients can choose between fully managed QA testing, jointly managed QA testing or the one-time engagement model based on their resource management preferences. Consistent Feedback & Collaboration At QAonCloud, we provide a certified team with all the right specialisations to address your software testing needs. We firmly believe in transparent communication and two-way collaboration. Also, we will work with you every step of the way to guarantee a top-notch end product. Cost-effective Product Mindset We’re well aware of the volume of resources, time and human effort that goes into your digital services and products. Our focus as a leading software testing company rests singularly on optimising the potential value of your products. QAonCloud offers best software and app testing solutions for people who share our commitment to excellence in the digital sphere. Looking for a quality software testing service company in Florida’s whereabouts? Visit our website https://www.qaoncloud.com/ today to discover a higher calibre of 360-degree digital testing."
- "E-commerce Application Testing is necessary if you want your Black Friday sales to be successful. It is the biggest sales day of the year, returning $8.9 billion in online sales in 2021. Every e-commerce store worldwide will look to get the best out of the sales weekend. From promotions to offers, e-commerce stores are gearing up for BF2022 as we speak. Amidst the rush, most stores forget one crucial thing – testing their eCommerce applications and websites. You see, not just the stores but even customers will be eager to purchase products during BF. There will be a sudden surge in traffic, and if e-commerce applications aren’t tested to handle these loads, they will crash, and all the efforts of eCommerce businesses will go in vain. Fortunately, one simple way to prevent it is e-commerce Application Testing. Dive into this article to know more about it and how to test your store and prepare it for BF 2022. Importance of Black Friday Sale Black Friday is the first Friday after Thanksgiving as it marks the start of the holiday shopping season. It is a ‘Major Payday’ for e-commerce stores. They know that their customers are eagerly waiting for it and they’ll try to get the best out of the sale day. e-commerce businesses must focus on delivering the best user experience to the customers. If the application is not user-friendly, especially during the sales day, customers might move on to other stores who might be your biggest competitor. So, if you don’t want to lose your customers to your competitors, then you must perform eCommerce application testing to gain competitive edge. Why is e-commerce application testing important? In the excitement to increase their sales, eCommerce stores often fail to test their applications. During a BF sale, there will be an unprecedented volume of customers using the store at the same time, especially using the mobile application. Thousands will be adding the same product to their cart and thousands will be checking out at the same time, crippling the payment gateways. And finally, this overload will crash the application. Bob Buffone, the CTO of Yottaa says, "If you have not load tested your site at five times normal traffic volumes, your site will probably fail," Yes, and many popular sites have failed during the most important sale day of the year. Any store that undermined eCommerce application testing has faced its fair share of losses and we’ve listed some of them in the next section. Examples of stores that crashed during black friday sales JCrew JCrew, the popular American Clothing and Apparel store faced technical difficulties during BF 2018. Customers complained that they could not add items to their cart, the website was glitchy and had poor User-experience. JCrew responded that they faced some technical difficulties due to the demand and traffic surge and apologized to customers. It was reported that they lost $775,000 in sales due to the crash. John Lewis John Lewis is a popular Homeware and Fashion store and it faced the wrath of BF traffic back in 2015. It was reported that the websites had a massive spike of 660% in traffic. This overwhelmed the website and it crashed during the busiest time of the sales. Black Friday crash costed them a $2.8 Million loss in sales. Gymshark Gymshark is a Fitness apparel and accessories brand that crashed during BF 2015. The website crashed for 8 hours straight due to the heavy load on the website. They didn’t take any chances after the incident, they migrated their website from Magento to Shopify, to handle the traffic surges. But the damage was already done. Shopify said, “The failure cost Gymshark an estimated $143,000 in lost sales. Worse, it also cost the company the trust it had spent years earning from customers expecting a great experience.” e-commerce application testing: Making an app ready for Black Friday Sales Online stores tend to have a false belief that their application won’t crash so they voluntarily avoid testing their stores. This has cost them millions in sales and your application could be next if eCommerce application testing isn’t done prior to D-day. Here are the six types of testing that you must perform on an e-commerce application. Functional testing Functional testing is carried out to identify the glitches and bugs that can hinder the customer experience. It is performed to verify if all the functionalities of the application are performing as per the intended requirements and deliver the best experience to customers. It includes testing the, Login and Signup systems Search and multiple filters Product and Cart pages Offers and discounts Payment gateways Order confirmation and tracking systems Usability testing Testing the user-friendliness of an application is crucial. Reports say that 88% of customers will not return to the website after a bad experience. Considering the fact that almost 80% of customers access eCommerce stores using mobile applications proves that usability testing is not a neglecting factor. Usability testing helps in checking whether the site has, Intuitive User-interface Simple navigation Customer support & Live-chat One-click results. Performance testing Lack of performance testing will lead to glitches, errors, and crashes like the examples mentioned before. Simulation of heavy loads of traffic helps in analyzing for its scalability, smoothness, and stability under various loads. Most applications crash due to the lack of performance testing. It includes, Load testing Stress testing Spike testing Scalability testing Volume testing. Security testing BF is notorious for data thefts, hacks and security breaches and eCommerce applications are easy prey to cyber attackers. Login and Payment gateway are the most common victims, especially to Phishing. Security testing is essential as it not only keeps your site secure but also secures your database which holds sensitive details on customers. It usually includes, Penetration testing Risk assessment Vulnerability scanning and testing Security audit and testing Database testing Most of the stores mentioned above failed due to the lack of sophisticated data. It is proven that cloud-based storage is far superior to a self-hosted database system. Testing the capacity of the database and its backup ability will prevent the application from downtime which would greatly impact sales. Compatibility testing Customers can access e-commerce applications on multiple devices across different operating systems and using various networks. It is necessary to ensure the application is compatible with the newest software updates, screen size, localization, and network adaptability. Only then an e-com app will be ready to use for the customers and help the stores to increase sales. QAonCloud - Your Go-to e-commerce Application testing solution Black Friday is the biggest holiday sale of the year and it is crucial to get your eCommerce application ready for the sale. Lack of eCommerce application testing has led to various disasters and you got to know some of them through this article. We also listed out the ways to test e-commerce applications to make them ready. But application testing is not an easy and smart task for store owners. This is where stores need the help of services like QAonCloud. They possess a team of experts eager to work in any given environment. And they’re capable of running all kinds of eCommerce application testing processes for those apps ready for BF 2022 sales. Let QAonCloud do the heavy lifting of eCommerce application testing while you can focus on enhancing your eCommerce store for Black Friday. Talk to our experts today to understand whether your app is ready for the upcoming Black Friday Sales."
- "No one likes discovering that their new favorite app is full of glitches or that the latest must-have product is a dud. That's why companies put so much effort into testing their products before they launch. But what exactly goes into making sure a product is ready for prime time? In this article, we'll look at testing and find out what companies can do to ensure their products are up to snuff. So read on to learn more about how to test the products and why it's essential! Top 10 Reasons For Product/App Testing There are many reasons why to test products or apps before launching. Here are just a few: To make sure the product or app is functional and does what it's supposed to do To identify any potential glitches or problems that could cause customer frustration To ensure that the product or app will work well with other products or apps that it might need to interact with To make sure that the product or app is accessible to all users, including those with disabilities To ensure that the product or app is compatible with various devices and operating systems To find out what real-world users think of the product or app before it goes live To get feedback that can be used to improve the product or app before the launch To make sure that the product or app meets all legal and regulatory requirements To ensure that the product or app is secure and safe to use To avoid any embarrassing mishaps or PR nightmares The need for testing new products and apps before launching them is clear. But what exactly does the testing process involve? Many different types of tests can be performed on a product or app testing. Some of the most common include functional testing, compatibility testing, load testing, security testing, and usability testing. Let's look into the end-to-end process of testing a new product or app before it's launched. How End-to-End App Testing Works End-to-end testing is a process that follows the usage of an application from beginning to end. These tests help find errors that might disrupt the flow of the said application. End-to-end app tests require careful planning and design to ensure that they meet the needs of the software being tested. A variety of testing platforms or frameworks can be used for this purpose. To ensure that the code is functional, we put it through a series of tests. These are executed with the help of different devices to catch any errors. If any tests fail, we look closely at the code and report them. We then run the tests again until they all pass. Planning At this stage, the team members get the requirements from the clients and understand the project objectives. They also draft a testing strategy that meets those objectives. This strategy includes deciding which types of tests will be run, planning, and specifying which resources to use for testing. They also identify the critical testing tasks that need to be completed and develop a schedule for when these tasks should be performed. Design Designing your tests is a crucial phase that involves creating test specifications and generating the appropriate test cases. You'll also need to carry out usage analysis and risk assessment and create a schedule for the tests. Execution In this stage, we put the test plans and schedules into action and document what happens. Analysis After the test gets completed, the team carefully evaluates the results to see if more testing is necessary. Reporting This is the final stage, where the team produces a report on the status of the tested software. This report is handed over to the client so they can make an informed decision about whether to launch the product or not. Benefits of End-to-End App Testing End-to-end testing uses a full-stack testing methodology, so organizations can experience several benefits regarding software quality, workflow optimization, and operating efficiency. Most importantly, end-to-end app testing often uncovers potential problems and defects that go unnoticed during unit testing. Since end-to-end testing focuses on the users' perspective and any issues with the application appearance are highlighted instantly. On the other hand, unit testing only assesses individual components separately, so it's easy to miss anything major. In addition, E2E tests also confirm whether or not the software follows established business logic and workflow procedures. End-to-end testing is important because it ensures that software runs smoothly and efficiently. When you test the software, you can be sure that repeated tests are unnecessary, saving valuable time and money. The benefits of end-to-end testing don't stop there—time saved during development can be allocated to other areas of productivity. End-to-end testing is beneficial because it offers a broad scope and approach. Additionally, end-to-end tests are a great way to achieve application dependencies, third-party code included, ensuring that they work correctly and simultaneously without any issues. Increasing test coverage will reduce anxiety around the product's launch while gaining confidence in its success. Conclusion End-to-end testing is a process used to test an application from start to finish. It is beneficial because it offers a broad scope and approach, covers all application dependencies, and confirms that the software follows established business logic and workflow procedures. While end-to-end testing is important for quality assurance, it's important to carefully plan your end-to-end tests before executing them. We at QAonCloud can help you with that. Our team of experts will work with you to understand your testing needs and develop a plan tailored to your specific project. Contact us today to learn more about our end-to-end testing services. When done correctly, end-to-end testing provides valuable insights that can save your organization time and money in the long run!"
- "With the rapid changes and technological growth, it's no surprise that many industries are emphasizing quality assurance (QA) testing. As a result, various industries will focus more on quality assurance (QA) testing in 2022. It is due to the importance of QA testing in ensuring that products and services meet the required standards and specifications. But which industries will focus on QA testing in 2022? Sectors that are going to prioritize QA testing in 2022 Healthcare In an industry where lives are literally on the line, healthcare organizations must have a robust QA testing program to ensure that their systems are functioning correctly. Additionally, with the recent implementation of electronic health records (EHRs), the focus has been increased on data accuracy and security—both of which can be ensured through QA testing. Retail In the retail sector, e-commerce has become increasingly important as more and more consumers shop online for their merchandise. To keep up with this trend, retailers need a strong QA testing program to test their e-commerce platforms and ensure they can handle high traffic and transactions. If retail businesses don't invest in QA testing, they may not be able to compete as well against those who do. Banking and Finance In the banking and finance industries, there's been a recent push for digitization. This means that more financial transactions are happening online or through mobile apps. However, this trend is only expected to continue in the coming years. Banks and financial institutions need to ensure that their systems can handle heavy traffic and transactions by investing in QA testing. With the rise of Fintech and crypto apps like Bitcoin, it's also important for these organizations to test for security and compliance. Manufacturing As manufacturing companies move towards Industry 4.0—the fourth industrial revolution—there's been an increase in the use of connected devices, sensors and automation technologies such as robotics, 3D printing. Manufacturers like Siemens and Bosch are already investing in QA testing to ensure that these new technologies are functioning properly. Startups, too, must invest in QA testing to avoid disruptions in their production process. Technology It's no surprise that technology companies are among those who will be focused on QA testing in 2022. After all, these companies are constantly releasing new products and services onto the market. So, they must ensure that their products meet customer expectations before release. In addition, with the rise of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), technology companies must also ensure that their algorithms are functioning properly before deployment. Government As the world becomes increasingly digital, even governments are turning to technology to help them run more efficiently. However, with many people's personal information at risk, government organizations must invest in QA testing to ensure that their systems are secure and compliant. By conducting security tests early and often, government agencies can identify vulnerabilities in their systems before attackers do, helping to prevent sensitive data from being compromised. Education With the increasing use of educational technology such as learning management systems (LMSs) and virtual reality (VR) applications in schools, there's been a greater need for educators to ensure that these technologies are accessible and effective for all students. This is where QA testing comes in handy. By conducting usability tests and other types of tests early on, educators can identify any potential issues with these technologies. Automotive The automotive industry is constantly evolving, with the introduction of new technologies. This means automakers must be proactive in testing their products to ensure they meet safety and performance standards. Automotive software like Catia, and NX, are the go-to automotive softwares of many car manufacturing companies. By investing in QA testing, these companies can avoid potential recalls, which can be costly financially and reputationally. In addition, as more cars increasingly relying on software—such as autonomous driving—it's become even more important for companies like Tesla to test their products thoroughly before release. Aerospace The aerospace industry is another one that relies heavily on technology. So, it's no surprise that QA testing is an important part of their operations. Aerospace products and services have to meet strict quality requirements. From the testing of aircraft to rockets and satellites, aerospace companies must ensure that their products are safe and reliable. Quality Assurance Testing will help in doing that. Future Of The Global QA Market According to Global Market Insights, the software testing market is expected to be valued at USD 40 billion in 2021 and grow by 6% annually between 2022 and 2030. It also predicts that the software development industry will experience significant growth due to the high demand for automated processes. Implementing agile development methods (which focus on quality assurance) creates many opportunities for market expansion. This process includes error detection and resolution methods, which reduces development costs and improves software performance. This in turn makes the product or application more appealing to customers. North America will hold the largest market share, whereas Asia Pacific (APAC) will grow at the highest CAGR in 2022. The APAC region comprises developing countries, such as China, India, and South Korea, which are witnessing rapid growth in end-user industries. These major industries are Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI), healthcare and life sciences, retail and eCommerce, telecom and IT, and travel and hospitality. The Banking, Financial Services & Insurance sector contained over 25% of the software testing market share in 2021 and is expected to grow exponentially by 2030. Different banking software applications like those that handle money deposits or withdrawals, balance inquiries, or fund transfers through various channels. These channels include ATMs, customer care service Counts networks, and online banking need dependable software systems. This increasing demand for qualified software testers within the BFSI sector. These end-user industries are implementing various digital transformation initiatives to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and gain agility. Digital transformation projects require QA and testing services to ensure digital transformation's successful implementation. The demand for QA and testing services is growing rapidly in APAC owing to the New Enterprise Application Development (NEAD) projects undertaken by enterprises every year. Conclusion The global QA market will see significant growth in the next few years. The increasing adoption of digital technologies will drive this growth by businesses in various industries. QA testing will play a vital role in ensuring that these technologies are effective and accessible for all users. Thus, companies that provide QA testing services will be in high demand in the coming years. QAonCloud continues to be a leading provider of QA services, offering a wide range of QA testing services to help businesses ensure the quality of their digital products and services. Contact us to know more!"
- "In 2016, Nest Thermostat released an update that rendered all their devices' software unresponsive. On one of the coldest weekends, customers were forced to contend with the weather. The company realized it needed adequate regression testing before upgrading the software. Regression testing is one of the forms of testing that the QA team uses to ensure that new features don't break existing functionalities and that the software is working as intended. Testing is frequently ignored or not given the same importance in the software development lifecycle. A feature-rich program that is buggy can cost more money and cause user base erosion. Regression testing is a technique used in software testing to verify that an application still performs as expected after any modifications, updates, or improvements to the code. In this article, we will look into the various aspects of regression testing and how regression testing enhances product quality. We will also see its contribution to Agile methodology and the tools used in regression testing by expert testers in the industry. Why Perform Regression Testing The general stability and efficiency of the current features are ensured with adequate regression testing. Regression testing is used to ensure that the system continues to function properly even after update. Some code changes can result in flaws or malfunctions. Regression testing aims to reduce these risks. An application typically undergoes a number of tests before the modifications are incorporated into the main development code. Product teams can obtain more detailed feedback and react immediately with a speedy regression testing procedure. Regression testing finds new vulnerabilities early in the deployment cycle, saving firms the expense and work of fixing the accumulated errors or bugs. Significance Of Regression Testing In Agile Agile methodology is based on quick iterative procedures with brief sprint cycles that provide features for each cycle. To maintain a healthy balance between sprint development and the iterative testing cycles that follow, testing cycles should be shorter. Agile development is quick and dynamic, and engineers rapidly produce new features. Regression testing must be prioritized and performed with each new build in the agile setting to ensure that the new addition or change to the code does not impair the functionality of already-existing functionalities. Regression Testing Techniques Expert QA testers employ different regression testing techniques based on the testing requirements. Here are the 4 main regression testing techniques: Comprehensive Regression Testing Testers test all critical test cases in regression testing. Although this approach demands a lot of time and resources, it is the safest technique to guarantee that ongoing modifications do not impact existing system functionality. There are some scenarios when the comprehensive regression testing strategy works better than others, such as when a modification is made to the application for a new platform or language or when the operating system receives a significant update. Regression Test Selection Regression testing can be restricted to specific codes that new updates or changes may impact. The selection of test cases is done on the basis of code change in the module. Testers can execute fewer, more pertinent test cases by focusing on the connected regions, which will cut down on the time and work required for regression testing. Test Case Prioritization Testers will prioritize the testcases to run them first, considering the factors like failure rate, business effect, new updates or changes and functionality used more frequently. Testers execute the high-priority test cases first over medium and low-priority test cases. Hybrid Regression Testing The hybrid approach combines test case prioritization with regression test selection. Choose only the repetitive test cases, according to the priority rather than choosing the whole test suite. Regression Testing Tools Here are some common tools for regression testing that helps QA testers to render a high-quality product for the end users.Katalon StudioKatalon Studio is an end-to-end automation tool that supports functional and regression testing. It makes these processes simple and straightforward tasks for testers. Through Katalon Studio we can test websites, web services, and mobile applications and also enables the execution of scripts across various platforms, browsers, and settings. Testers can review test findings in-depth using thorough and editable test reports in the LOG, HTML, CSV, and PDF formats.SeleniumA wide range of Selenium's functionalities is available for automating web applications. It is still one of the best tools for cross-platform and browser-based regression testing tools. Selenium supports Data-driven testing and automated test scripts for large-scale QA teams with in-depth knowledge of the tool. WatirWatir stands for Web Application Testing in Ruby. It is a language-based open-source package that allows for creating simple-to-read and maintains tests on a light and adaptable user interface. Watir enables a range of user interaction features for website testing, functions like clicking links, completing forms, and validating texts across several browsers.IBM Rational Functional TesterIBM's Rational Functional Tester, sometimes known as RFT, is a tool for automating software testing. Through RFT, we can perform Functional, regression, GUI, and data-driven software testing, as well as testing of applications (web-based,.Net, Java, Siebel, SAP, and more).Apache JMeterThrough the open-source test automation tool Apache JMeter, testers can load functional test behaviors and gauge test performance. It can perform a wide range of testing functions, such as supporting load and performance tests on numerous servers, apps, or protocols and offering an entire regression test suite for the end-users. Comprehensive Regression Testing Solutions Regression Testing can enhance the user experience and overall product quality. The correct regression testing tools can effectively find errors and help deliver a clean, seamless experience for end users. Regression testing in Agile also has various technical and commercial benefits. Businesses have greater control over the budget, procedure, and error mitigation with a strategic test plan to conduct regression testing. QAonCloud specializes in various tools and regression testing techniques to render a smooth, high-quality and error-free end-user experience. Our expert QA testers use their skills combined with the latest testing tools and techniques to perform comprehensive regression testing of any scale for various products. Learn more about how our Regression Testing solutions can enhance your product experience."