QAonCloud improves your test coverage across platforms and makes it easy for you.
Given the number of gadgets in the market, your user might use your website or application in any of the browsers, operating systems, and devices. So, it is essential to ensure customer experience under any medium of access. Hence, Cross-Platform Testing is an important integral part of Software Quality Assurance. This helps to find problems that could be different from platforms or configurations such as user interface, usability, performance, etc..,
At QAonCloud, our experts perform elaborative cross-platform testing to check how your applications run entirely on all types of computer and mobile platforms or operating systems. (such as Windows, іOS, Android, Mac, Linux, etc.,). We determine how your application acts or conducts itself on different platforms and devices.
Here are a few essential aspects of the cross-platform testing approach:
Understand Your Requirements
Clear requirements are necessary for any test approach. So, the first and foremost point we take care of before starting the cross-platform test is to understand the requirements It is easy to focus on the functionality when the conditions are clearly understood.
Know Your Target Audience
It is crucial to know your target audience and the platforms/devices they use for your application. This helps in testing the application as the end-user and makes your job easy in identifying the tools/platforms you should test.
Emulators And Virtualization
Usage of emulators and virtual machines is a very cost-effective way, as purchasing each device for testing is a costly affair. Emulation is done using software, hardware, or both. The software emulation helps in running different operating systems in a virtual environment—for example, apple’s boot camp and other operating system applications to run on a Mac. Mobile emulators enable the testers to test mobile apps under various screen sizes.
Sometimes the testers might miss the obvious bugs, and they might also lose interest due to repeated testing on various platforms. So, automation helps to increase the efficiency of testing, when there are many repeated tests in multiple platforms and devices. We automate the tests wherever necessary to bring out the best ROI.
- "A tester usually gets the client requirements document for the function that requires QA. There may be an issue of insufficient requirements or lack of documentation which leaves testers with no documentation to proceed with. The testers can always request documentation from the project manager, developer, product owner/engineering manager or also from the client. However, this process may take time, ultimately leading to missing deadlines. But, with agile teams and expert QA analysts, software testing can be performed by using efficient and proven techniques even when there is no documentation available. Technically, there cannot be applications without proper documentation, and an application without requirements would resemble software with no specific function but simply possess lines of code. Here is a step-by-step guide to help perform testing without documentation when facing such a scenario. Step #1 Start with available data It is highly unlikely to get all the requirements. It could be as simple as checking the backlog, a help file, an email, an older version of the BRD/FRD, or old test cases, user stories, product demo videos, etc which we can even find in ALM tools. Testers can use these pieces of data to begin the informal testing process. Step #2 Collect data from other teams Testers can ask specific questions to developers, project managers, or product managers about the functions of the app and find out what they have to do. For instance, questions like “when a user presses this button, what must the app do?” can be framed to understand the various functions of the software even without the requirements. Pay attention to team meetings, participate in client meetings, and ask queries about the app and its functions. Take data from user needs and their approach towards the app to understand the app requirements. Testers can also approach developers to learn about the app's logic and intended functionalities. When an app has an error, it will reflect in the front end by preventing certain app functionalities from performing smoothly. Testing experts can conduct an inspection to eliminate the errors by running tests. Step #3 Explore the software QA testers can perform exploratory testing on the software to determine its function and capabilities. Analyze the functions that work perfectly and those that don't. Approach the software from the user’s perspective and explore the critical functions and highly used features. Testers can also learn the software behavior, users, workflows, and product properties. Sometimes in the absence of documentation, QA specialists can also take the help of product owners who can provide a product demo with product demo videos and data to help frame a new documentation. Step #4 Translate the collected requirements into test cases After understanding all the available requirements, testing teams must write all possible test scenarios. Use emails, notes, recorded data, and marketing material to create the test cases. Testing teams must begin to write test scenarios based on the available requirements documentation, app screenshots, user stories, etc. A test case is then written for each scenario. Ensure that every requirement is documented progressively as more documentation complies with the testing process. Once the QA lead reviews the test cases, QA testers can execute them. Testing without requirements with QAonCloud Testing without documentation has its risks. 100% test coverage is not possible anytime. But, experts with testing knowledge and skills can work their way up from having no documentation to establishing adequate documentation to perform testing. QAonCloud has worked on sophisticated projects and has catered to several software testing needs for versatile industries. Our expert teams can enhance app quality with testing without requirements to create a better end-user experience at competitive prices."
- "One of the major downfalls for software and mobile applications is delayed launches. Businesses’ inability to meet customer demands on time is another. Current market trends and the digital landscape require frequent, efficient, and comprehensive software test release cycle to remain competitive. However, by meeting the speed quotient of software test releases, one cannot compromise on its quality. Release management is a process where every stage of the software test release is overseen. It is tracked from development to QA testing to development to estimate the speed and quality of software test release cycles. Avoiding delayed-release can be essential to meet customer satisfaction and ensure product competitiveness in the market. Delayed releases are usually due to 3 main reasons: Wrong Estimation of resources and poor planning throughout the SDLC. Unstable builds that result from failed smoke tests, inadequate or lack of test data, and also late deployment. Poor team interactions can result in broken integrations and a lack of communication between project managers, testing teams, and dev teams. Tackling these challenges and ensuring quick releases can be easy by addressing the issue with one simple solution: Outsourced QA. Outsourcing software testing accelerates software test release cycles by implementing various strategies and custom-built plans for one’s business. A dedicated software testing team either collaborates with your in-house team or completely takes over the QA testing responsibilities for a product under a clearly articulated NDA. How Outsourcing Improves Software Test Release Cycle Here are some ways how outsourcing software testing can improve software test release cycles and avoid delayed releases: Well Defined Goals and Requirements Ensuring that the business goals and requirements are refined and clarified before beginning the test process can shorten the test release cycles. Outsourcing teams ensure that they understand the needs of the product and what the QA teams must achieve before running the test cycles. They address questions like: What is the aim of a particular release? What quality requirements the product must meet before deployment? The KPIs and measurement metrics to track the goals of the testing process This helps teams understand the goals and brings alignment across the teams to eliminate unwanted delays. Enhanced Communication and Transparency QA testing teams will have highly efficient communication silos in place. This helps software testers to actively engage in ensuring product quality. Teams ensure that every participant is consistently and frequently informed of every process of the test cycle and reinstate the expected outcome of the test release cycle. This level of transparency can be easily expected out of outsourced software testing teams which eliminates possible errors from miscommunications and also welcomes creative strategy and shared expertise to enhance QA testing processes. Scheduled Releases Outsourced QA teams possess the adequate resources and manpower to perform software testing tasks efficiently and diligently and ensure scheduled releases. Scheduled releases also help customers trust the product with a consistent pattern of new releases and updates. With scheduled releases, businesses can expect higher product quality with continuous regression testing that focus on enhanced user interface and end-user experience. Clear Documentation of Release Cycles Outsourced QA teams make it a priority to maintain clear records and documentation of software test release cycle. This helps them keep track of the goals of the testing process, meet quality expectations, and track the progress of the testing. These records are made available for key members of the project and the stakeholders to maintain transparency and make informed decisions regarding enhancing processes and teams. Automation Opportunities Outsourcing QA opens avenues for software resting testing with expert teams, advanced tools and technology, and the right expertise to handle mission-critical tasks at hand. This means that outsourced QA can handle test automation that accelerates test release cycles for large codes and databases. This helps in increasing test coverage over a short period of time with the help of qualified and trained QA experts. Outsourced QA Enhancing Overall Product Success Outsourced Software testing hastens software test release cycles and also ensures its quality with access to expert teams and highly advanced resources. The flexibility and scalability of outsourcing models and their cost-effective niche are also an added advantage to businesses. Outsourced software testing teams at QAonCloud, for instance, work towards meeting the challenges and goals of the product quality requirements and incorporate tailor-made strategies for QA testing. This increases the success rate of the product post-deployment and also boosts customer satisfaction with improved UI/UX. This in turn increases traffic to applications and their engagement, ultimately increasing the ROI for businesses."
- "Having faulty products delivered to customers can seriously injure brand credibility and lead to customer churn. Choosing the software testing partner, especially with testing in an outsourcing model, is pivotal to the product's success or detrimental downfall.This QA outsourcing guide to selecting a software testing partner has comprehensive insights on the various features and specifics a QA partner must possess to help businesses make informed decisions. Choosing the right software testing partner Before landing on the software testing partner, project managers and business leaders must know the options available for QA testing. Here are some checkpoints to consider before hiring a QA partner. Freelancing or Outsourcing? Freelancing QA gives businesses access to experts for both long-term and short-term goals. Although hiring a freelancer can seem less expensive than other methods, the process can take longer and more challenging to find a qualified and dedicated freelancer with the necessary requirements to deliver software testing solutions. Outsourcing QA to a software testing firm is when a business is in partnership with a QA testing business with the necessary team size, tools, and resources to carry out various types of QA testing projects. Most QA testing firms can cater to full-stack QA testing requirements and are already established with experts. Based on the QA testing needs, businesses can crack a deal by negotiating terms for the project and the suitable costs. Manual or Automated Testing? In manual QA testing, the QA engineer interacts with the software by manually exploring the interface to find errors or bugs. In automated QA, the QA specialist builds test scripts that can assess the software with the help of various tools. Manual testing is best suited for small projects or those that are dynamic in nature. Such projects need varying tools and validation for testing. Automated testing can be possible for big projects that require a high level of accuracy or those that can take a long time and extensive effort when tested manually. What is the Scope of the Project? Understanding what type of QA testing has to be performed can help narrow down where to start. Primarily, understand why the business needs a QA engineer. Listing down the tasks a QA tester must perform will help businesses understand what type of software testing engineer they must hire for the project. Secondly, estimate how much testing has to be done. This will help businesses know how many QA analysts must be hired. Taking this up with the development team can give a complete idea of the extent of testing that must be done and the number of resources necessary to carry them out efficiently. 6 Qualities To Look For in a Software Testing Partner Once all the QA testing needs are established, businesses can begin shortlisting software testing partners. When it comes to QA outsourcing, there are 6 main factors that are pivotal in choosing the right partner. Vendor Security QA testing involves two parties sharing highly confidential data and information. This requires both parties to maintain safe and secure platforms for both exchanges of data and for carrying out the QA testing activities. Businesses must evaluate the security levels of QA testing teams before making a decision. Industry Knowledge and Domain Expertise A QA testing firm must not only be established in the field and have adequate expertise on the subject matter. They must also possess advanced knowledge and skills in the specific domain and testing techniques to ensure that QA testing is flawless and accurate. Ensure that QA teams are certified and have the necessary experience to perform QA testing for the products for enhanced product delivery and the software to meet industry standards. Peer Reviews Ratings on QA credible platforms and client testimonials of shortlisted QA testing firms can help businesses understand the credibility of the firm, their commitment to quality, and timely deliveries. Businesses can refer to peers and rating platforms to verify QA testing firms and their performance. Communication Efficiency Ensure that QA testing teams have well-established communication silos in place to enable collaboration between themselves and with their clients. This not only guarantees efficient communication but also aids record-keeping and maintaining confidentiality and safe data exchange. Value for Money It is necessary that QA software testing firms reflect their costs to quality product delivery. Businesses must learn how QA teams perform their tasks and the tools and technology used to deliver bug-free products to end-users. This helps businesses understand that QA specialists can produce ROI once launched in the market. How QAonCloud can increase ROI with QA Outsourcing QAonCloud has been serving businesses since 2016 with competitive QA testing services. Our versatile QA specialists work towards understanding business needs to perform quality testing with time-to-market deliveries. Outsourcing your QA testing to QAonCloud can enhance the end-user experience and increase brand credibility with impeccable UX and bug-free software with manual and automated QA testing services."
- "Managed Software Testing Digital transformation is a revolutionizing process for businesses. It allows businesses to expand their operations, deliver accurate and fast solutions. It helps in improving efficiency and also enhancing communication within the enterprise. The success rate of digital transformation is highly dependent on development teams. The development teams should ensure that the digital solutions are designed and implemented with a flawless UI/UX. The solutions must also foster ease of use, with easy adaptability and added security to business data. Lack of use of managed software testing technology in the digital transformation can interrupt workflow processes, increase downtime, and ultimately slows down the complete digital transformation of a business. To guarantee the success rate of digital transformation, businesses have turned to Quality Assurance. How Managed Software Testing Technology can Speed Up Digital Transformation “If you don’t treat testing as a strategic initiative that’s imperative to your digital success, your lunch is going to get eaten by your competitors.” - Clark Golestani, the MD of Sensei Group Software testing trends have reinvented user experience across software platforms and in various industries. Here are some ways how managed software testing can positively impact the digital transformation process for your business. QA guarantees an enhanced customer experience Software testing teams interact with the product from the beginning of the development process. The timely communication between the teams can help in comprehensive evaluation of all the functionalities and their effectiveness in enhancing CX. Testers question the logic behind each feature, detect contradictions or elements that could slow down time-to-value. They also verify if every function is operative on the software. QA teams can also ensure that the end product is in line with the goals and visions of the business. QA enables scalability with agile testing The product gets more susceptible to disrupting product integrity as we keep adding more features and developments to it. Especially with digital transformation where scaling as the business grows is a practical approach, QA testing can come in very handy. Development teams and QA testing teams can coordinate and use agile testing methodologies to counter issues and fix bugs along the way. This ensures reduced downtime and seamless integrations of future solutions. QA increases profits post-launch Detecting bugs post-launch and then debugging the software is expensive for a business, especially when introducing new technology and transforming legacy solutions. It can lead to significant downtime and disrupt the flow of operations, affecting profit and cash inflow. QA teams can work alongside development teams to detect bugs during the development process and ensure that the software and other digitized solutions for the business are bug-free. This ensures a smooth digital transformation process with a higher success rate. With reduced fixes post-launch, businesses can make higher returns easily. QA builds data security Next-generation data integration platforms demand high-level security especially when industries like finance, retail, healthcare, legal, etc are concerned. When performing QA testing, the data is drawn by deciphering them using an open-source platform. Outsourced software testing teams should use suitable tools to improve test efficiency or automate the testing process. This enables a secured deployment of digital transformation and tightly-wound structures in place that concentrate data security post-launch. QA preserves brand credibility QA tools and techniques make digital transformation solutions faster and more reliable. With seamless integration of competitive product quality, businesses can run operations with more accurate and reliable data that helps with forecasting, provide insights and enhance business operations to suit customer needs. QA is a continuous process that can evaluate product performance and promote them to meet growing customer needs. This enhances the brand image. Additionally, increased security with solid QA testing improves customers’ trust which boosts profits ultimately. QA reduces customer churn QA testing is a pivotal process in increasing users’ reliability on the solution. With a poor user experience, loose security or integrations greatly affects UX and can lead to users abandoning the solutions. This is one of the main reasons for the failure of digital transformation processes. To increase permanence and reduce churn, development teams should take help from the Testing teams. Testing teams should implement QA testing, and assure a safe and user-friendly experience on the platforms. Outsourcing Software Testing for Fast Digital Transformation The Digital Transformation process can be a handful for SMBs and micro-enterprises. But it is a necessity in today’s remote working culture. Making sure that the development teams deliver products on time can be easier by outsourcing QA. QAonCloud software testing teams allow the provision for other IT resources and teams to focus on core duties while software testing teams do the best at what they do to enhance UX, improve security and increase the success rate of digital transformation of businesses. This increases ROI for businesses and also improves efficiency by helping businesses scale operations and bring in more profits with rightly implemented modern technology and solutions."
- "Anytime an expert is asked if a company should outsource software testing, the answer is almost always “it depends”. While QA outsourcing is the best choice for most companies, the pros and cons of in-house and outsourced software testing teams come down to this one deciding factor: Cost! Any stakeholder or a business board meeting is bound to end with the famous question: “How much does it cost?”. The Money Matters in QA Outsourcing. Interestingly, the cost factor almost always overpowers every other factor.While it is easy to state that outsourcing software testing is a cost-effective solution, understanding how and why QA outsourcing is cost-effective alongside hiring an in-house testing team is not superior is essential for making decisions here. Pros and Cons of In-house and Outsourcing Software Testing Some factors are pivotal to deciding whether outsourcing is the right solution for QA testing. Here are some factors that put into perspective why outsourcing is beneficial in terms of cost and otherwise. Better Access to Expert Skills and Tools Steve Jobs, Apple’s Founder, rightfully said, “It’s not about money, and it’s about the people you have and how you’re led.” When hiring someone for software testing, it is vital to understand their capabilities, what they do, and how they can help solve problems, find bugs, and make fixes. The tech Republic reported that software failures led to an approximate loss of USD 1.7 trillion in a fiscal year. That is why software testing requires an expert with apprehensive technical knowledge and impeccable attention to detail. In the case of hiring an in-house team, experts come at a costly price. Faster Deployments The longer the software testing takes for deployment, the longer the workflows are affected. Swift and timely deployments of solutions and fixes keep the business flowing seamlessly. When hiring an in-house team, an extensive selection process is followed by complex filtering and screening and is finally completed post HR proceedings to onboard a QA specialist. Not to mention the time taken to train the QA specialist if necessary and bring them up to speed to a company’s goals and objectives. With QA outsourcing, the process is fast and straightforward. The already qualified teams have the necessary tools and effective communication silos to disperse the knowledge and information needed for software testing. The teams are also highly scalable. By augmenting enough members into the team, they can perform more significant tasks, increase efficiency and deploy solutions on time. The already qualified teams have the necessary tools and effective communication silos to disperse the knowledge and information needed for software testing. The teams are also highly scalable. By augmenting enough members into the team, they can perform more significant tasks, increase efficiency and deploy solutions on time. Better fit for Short-term Needs Investing in an in-house team is a commitment, to be precise. Apart from the recruitment costs, salaries, bonuses, and investment costs for equipment and resources, an in-house QA team will probably not be working all year round. On the other hand, the possibility of hiring outsourced software testing teams when needed or seasonally to perform tests and improve the software. It eliminates unnecessary disposal of capital or prevents inefficiency in IT teams. Convincing Victory for Outsource Software Testing The facts mentioned earlier and figures are apparent enough to conclude that QA outsourcing is better for software testing, especially for short-term needs. QA outsourcing does not only reduce costs and also increases productivity among in-house development teams who can now focus on core tasks for the company. It also allows companies to allocate resources and costs for other essentials for the company’s goals. QAonCloud offers a wide range of software and mobile app testing services with a strong team of QA specialists with years of experience and industry knowledge. We have served as a reliable, resourceful partner for software quality assurance at competitive processes. The hunt for a trusted QA outsourcing can end here at QAonCloud. Know more about our services here."